More tax money down the toilet

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/04/07/segway-gm-puma-vehicle-un_n_183908.html
slide_1340_19546_large.jpg

Quote:
NEW YORK -- A solution to the world's urban transportation problems could lie in two wheels not four, according to executives for General Motors Corp. and Segway Inc.

The companies announced Tuesday that they are working together to develop a two-wheeled, two-seat electric vehicle designed to be a fast, safe, inexpensive and clean alternative to traditional cars and trucks for cities across the world.

The Personal Urban Mobility and Accessibility, or PUMA, project also would involve a vast communications network that would allow vehicles to interact with each other, regulate the flow of traffic and prevent crashes from happening.

smirk2.gif

It's an oversized, motorized helmet. Riding in a wheelchair has never before been that cool.

Money down the toilet? It looks like it can be used AS a toilet!

Actually, now you know how GM says they can meet at 50mpg CAFE standard.

John

Originally Posted By: moribundman
It's an oversized, motorized helmet. Riding in a wheelchair has never before been that cool.

I wouldn't say it was any more cool, thanks to this thing, than it was before.

You can probably buy a more useful Tata Nano for less than this "PUMA".

It's a nice urban commuter, if you live in a big city. Just get some depend diapers, that will solve your problem. That way you don't have to spend that kind of money for that purpose.
55.gif

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
that device will be popular for the obese people of this country

I guess they'll need heavy-duty versions with upgraded drive trains, and single seats?
28.gif

That will be fun when its snowing and 30-50 mph wind coming across the road.

But it will meet the new Government regs for CAFE! (and fail their safety tests)
smirk2.gif

What to do..

Proves that some people are clueless...

Originally Posted By: Johnny
I want two of them. One to (censored - mod) on and the other to cover it up.

When I was in high school, the saying was "I want THREE of them. One to (censored - mod) on, one to wipe with, and one to cover it up with".

Anyway, to me it looks like a newfangled rickshaw. I think the "puller" is just taking a break.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: Kestas
What can this do that a golf cart can't?

Have a gyro and cost a lot more!

bill

Oh, and have a lot of fools (media) make a big deal out of nothing and prove to the thinking man that there are clueless people out there...

I can't wait to see the insurance institute crash test videos of that POS against an Excursion. My 94 Corolla would take that thing out!

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
I can't wait to see the insurance institute crash test videos of that POS against an Excursion. My 94 Corolla would take that thing out!

Oh man, you almost made me spit out my coffee!

(mental video of vehicle folding beneath Excursion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back