More PQIA analyses - Bad oils persist in Mid-West

Status
Not open for further replies.
thankyou2.gif

Rev 360 is off the charts. TBN 31.3 and 10,000 calcium.

And contaminated with abrasive metals and water.......
I need me some of that
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: BigD1
thankyou2.gif

thankyou2.gif

Look at all that Zinc!

How is it even possible to get that kind of TBN for a garbage oil?

thankyou2.gif

OMG! It's a dyed chalk solution, or just laundry detergent dissolved in used machine oil.

It is sad to see some of these junk oils in convenience stores around here. They are sitting next to Chevron, Mobil, Shell - but for $1.50 less some poor fool grabs a quart ... missing the disclaimer saying not for motors built after JFK was killed ...

Originally Posted By: 4WD
It is sad to see some of these junk oils in convenience stores around here. They are sitting next to Chevron, Mobil, Shell - but for $1.50 less some poor fool grabs a quart ... missing the disclaimer saying not for motors built after Jay Gastby was killed ...

Fixed.
wink.gif

thankyou2.gif

If MAX cleaning is what you want, REV is for you! Boron, Ca, Zinc, Phos, all off the charts. World's most powerful add package.

Originally Posted By: BHopkins
I wonder why it is that so many of the bad motor oils reported by PQIA, come from the Mid-West.
Because that's the way we roll in the middle. Deal with it !!!

Originally Posted By: BHopkins
I wonder why it is that so many of the bad motor oils reported by PQIA, come from the Mid-West.

These oils come from Chicagoland.
50.gif

thankyou2.gif

Off the charts, it's truly in orbit:

TBN 31
Calcium detergents 10K
Phosphorus 5K
Zinc 4K
Boron 500
Silicon 20
Salt 450

BUT best of oil for thick oils, it's in the SAE 100 plus club!

Incredible oil and sold at cost by every good Iffystop fuel station and Fleabay stealer.
Way to go REV 360!

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
I need me some of that
smile.gif

thankyou2.gif

Nope, although I only looked at the new Gold medal award winner, Rev 5w300, as all the wear metals are OK and the 20 ppm of Silicon is just sealant used to glue the lid on the can. Water just evapourates and it's good to see that in an oil, as it means the viscosity will fall during what could be a biblical OCI!

Last edited:
That AP Lubes Supertech "oil" is some amazing stuff, what a bunch of garbage, and then using the Supertech name to confuse the masses.
TBN 1.49 out of the bottle, 4.7 cSt, silicone @ 48....
Oil needs to be changed as it is poured in the engine.

I have to admit im liking the Pennzoil Yellow Bottle 5w20 it does look pretty good on paper... However The Mobil Super has been my choice for the last year or so..

Originally Posted By: blupupher
That AP Lubes Supertech "oil" is some amazing stuff, what a bunch of garbage, and then using the Supertech name to confuse the masses.
TBN 1.49 out of the bottle, 4.7 cSt, silicone @ 48....
Oil needs to be changed as it is poured in the engine.

Great post! I've sent a copy to Supertech's R&D address, as it is the real McCoy bad boy oil!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: UltrafanUK
Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
I need me some of that
smile.gif

thankyou2.gif

Nope, although I only looked at the new Gold medal award winner, Rev 5w300, as all the wear metals are OK and the 20 ppm of Silicon is just sealant used to glue the lid on the can. Water just evapourates and it's good to see that in an oil, as it means the viscosity will fall during what could be a biblical OCI!

The silicon is almost certain to be from the siloxane polymer antifoam in the DI pack. Normally you wouldn't see it that well on ICP but they've clearly added about five times too much DI to this misblend so it's become a bit more visible.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back