More Culinary Exhibitionism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meatloaf -- contains only quality stuff and no refuse, scraps, or leftovers.

The meatloaf is made from pork, egg, breadcrumbs, carrots, tomatoes, parsley, onion, lemon juice, little bit bacon (no nitrite or sodium phosphate), spices and herbs. The loaf gets a thin coat of sour cream 20 minutes before it's done for a better crust. The potatoes are baked together with the meatloaf and they absorb some of the juices. They are additionally flavored with rosemary, thyme, pepper and a little salt, and they have been brushed with butter. The sauce is a cream sauce with spices and herbs. The zucchini has been steamed.

meatloaf_s2134.jpg

meatloaf_s2135.jpg

Sometimes a zucchini is just a zucchini, Pablo.
wink.gif

I've never had meatloaf that was made with only pork. Usually it's a combination of beef, pork and veal or something like that.
There is probably nothing that has more variations than meatloaf. Everyone makes it differently.

Quote:

I've never had meatloaf that was made with only pork. Usually it's a combination of beef, pork and veal or something like that.
There is probably nothing that has more variations than meatloaf. Everyone makes it differently.

Well, I don't eat any beef or veal (with very rare exceptions). It's not that I don't like beef, but I have been paranoid about BSE all my life. Even without BSE I wouldn't eat veal, because it's usually pumped full of steroids and antibiotics. Since I'm not crazy about ground turkey or ground chicken, only the poor oinker is left.

I don't follow recipes strictly, but vary ingredients all the time, depending on what have available or what I want to eat.

Quote:

It still looks like a turd no matter how you pinch it or slice it. If we were meant to eat meatloaf, it would have been part of a steer.

Them's fighting words! Be glad that I don't take on paunchy, balding, middle-aged guys with garlic breath. MWAHAHAHAHA!
tounge2.gif

porker.jpg

Last edited:
I actually eat meat balls with lamb and pork.

Don't even mention ground turkey or chicken or I'll heave right here and now. Oops - I just threw up a little in my mouth.
puke.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back