more callaboogie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the vid. I live very close to Calabogie but have yet to go to their track. I have been skiing there many times. That Merkur was one quick car. I think that the driver had a lot to do with how quick he was as well. Some of the cars on that track should have been quicker than they were. I love the sound of that Hemi motor though. Nice job.
thumbsup2.gif

Last edited:
Calabogie is one of my favorite courses. 3 miles, 23 turns with lots of elevation change. I wish I could get there more often.

I need to get there one of these years. I've spent too much time at Grattan, Autobahn, Gingerman, and Blackhawk.

Woof! I love watching (and hearing) big V8s stick it to little sports cars on road courses. This is just about as good as the 427 Fairlane running Nurburgring...
wink.gif

Pat is an older guy (60's) with a ton of experience driving all kinds of cars. His car is an 06 300C SRT8 with a set of Eibach springs and variable dampers. Other than that he's stock! he has the new Michelin pilots in the front and Pirellis on the rear on borbet 18 inch wheels. Street tires!

His pal Steve could never put any significant separation on him. Gained a spec in the tighter corners and lost a bit on the straights.

For those who think the passing was easier than it should be, "wave by" was in effect, meaning no passing until the lead car recognizes you with a wave or a tap of the brakes and a move to the side. Pat still had to run up behind these guys to get seen and waved on.

Guys always come into the pits when I'm at a road course event and ask me "what the heck have you done to that car?"

They never believe me when I tell them it's a stocker.

Last edited:
That's how I am with the S4...some guys were embarrassed when I was passing their $100,000 SL55. :)

The black Carrera you see on the track is another regular who was extremely surprised to see Pat waiting patiently for a wave by.

He is known as a good driver but Pat is one of those guys who is so smooth he gets more out of any car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back