Mopar Insiders: Our First Look At The All-New Twin-Turbo 3.0-liter GME-T6 Inline-Six Engine!.

wemay

Site Donor 2023
Mopar Insiders: Our First Look At The All-New Twin-Turbo 3.0-liter GME-T6 Inline-Six Engine!.

I'm interested to see how these engines work out. I've always been a fan of anything inline 6. Like demarpaint said I wouldn't be an early adopter..

So long, 125 lb crankshafts are in again? Who would have thunk.
I guess just a couple decades behind
GM high tech sixer in the Trailblazer and Saab 9-7X

These should be great engines. I just read that the Mercedes turbo I6 is rated for 362 HP and the AMG version pushing that to 429 HP!
I also saw that the I6 version gets slightly better fuel economy than the 2.0L I4.

These should be great engines. I just read that the Mercedes turbo I6 is rated for 362 HP and the AMG version pushing that to 429 HP!
I also saw that the I6 version gets slightly better fuel economy than the 2.0L I4.
Amg has a 4cyl that makes over 400 hp and their v8 makes 469.
Bmw M inline 6 makes 500.
If these manufacturers are going to drop their big v8s for 6s they better make some power

I'm curious to see the tuning potential and think it would pair well with the Wrangler and Gladiator. The 3.6L is just gutless down low.

..... If these manufacturers are going to drop their big v8s for 6s they better make some power
That's just it, this one doesn't. It barely produces what the standard normally aspirated HEMI 6.4 V-8 does. So for $2,000.00 more you get more complexity and expense in a six cylinder, that has to work harder to produce pretty much the same power and torque.

All in an engine that sounds like a wheezing heart attack waiting to happen. The Grand Wagoneer is a big, heavy SUV, that many will tow with. I'm not seeing where giving up a large displacement, high horsepower V-8, for a more expensive, more complicated 6 is going to improve much, if anything.

Unless you like smaller, more complex engines, that don't bring much to the table except a higher price. There isn't going to be much, if any difference in fuel economy either. And when you're paying into 6 figures for a vehicle, that's not going to matter. Nothing to be gained here.

It will be interesting to see how this engine rolls out and in what trim levels. I bet the hemi will still be used for some years.

I'm also curious about the fuel economy of the hurricane compared to a 5.7 hemi or pentastar in a Ram 1500 or wrangler application. I'm betting it's no better, yet tons more expensive and complex.

That's just it, this one doesn't. It barely produces what the standard normally aspirated HEMI 6.4 V-8 does. So for $2,000.00 more you get more complexity and expense in a six cylinder, that has to work harder to produce pretty much the same power and torque.

All in an engine that sounds like a wheezing heart attack waiting to happen. The Grand Wagoneer is a big, heavy SUV, that many will tow with. I'm not seeing where giving up a large displacement, high horsepower V-8, for a more expensive, more complicated 6 is going to improve much, if anything.

Unless you like smaller, more complex engines, that don't bring much to the table except a higher price. There isn't going to be much, if any difference in fuel economy either. And when you're paying into 6 figures for a vehicle, that's not going to matter. Nothing to be gained here.
10/10 do agree, its sad. I owned a 392 charger Daytona and it was so nice having everything right there with the NA V8

It's just another new engine that will make it to the warranty before problems develop. I pity the poor sap that will buy it and pay the repair bills for an experimental engine. I believe in buying vehicles with a good track record of reliability if there is such a thing.

I cant believe they want $2000 extra over the 6.4 hemi. I wouldnt take this unproven I6 even if it saved $2000. Not in a luxury wagoneer at least. Luxury is a beast V8.

I cant believe they want $2000 extra over the 6.4 hemi. I wouldnt take this unproven I6 even if it saved $2000. Not in a luxury wagoneer at least. Luxury is a beast V8.
Just a minor quibble on that, but for BMW and Mercedes, it's most usually an inline 6 unless you get into AMG or ///M trim. Both marques have a reputation for their glass-smooth inline 6 engines.

Back