Mopar 392 feedback request

Been awhile since I've posted here but always a long time lurker. Latest vehicle is a 2019 Challenger 392 and she's my main squeeze. Anyways from what I gathered the 392 tends to run a little warmer and it's perfectly normal. I live in Houston so it definitely warms up here and wanted to hear your thoughts and insight into how these engines run on the factory fill 0w 40 / PP Ultra(which is what I'm running). Made a few rips today in her and I've seen as warm as 238F on the oil temps. Car has oil catch can to maintain cleanliness and a few other efficiency mods and makes around 500hp so it's a hoot.

I know the specifics for these is Chrysler MS-12633 and Amsoil Signature has a product that fulfills this.. Thoughts?

Running Viper Oil Filter / PP Ultra 0w /40
Car is a weekend driver and setup for drags(1/4).

This is my first Mopar and wanted to make sure I'm doing it right(thus far the owners manual is what I'm following) doing my own oil changes as well.

Thanks in advance for your input.
20210305_222157.jpg

I love those cars! I would love one or a Demon :giggle:. I think you are on the right track with what you are doing. Keep with that and enjoy the car. The oil temp isn't too far out ofmy comfort zone beings I have Corvettes that run that high when driven hard.

I run Amsoil in my 6.4 , have 28000 miles no trouble, I also change around 6000 instead of OLM.

I run Red Line 0w40 in my 2015, mostly to help alleviate the annoying tick. I believe your 2019 has different lifters, so hopefully you will never encounter that issue.

You know Denali if I were in your shoes, I would run the pennzoil 0w40 for a few intervals and have it sampled and send it to an oil analysis to see how its holding up. Also since your running the viper oil filter is there an added benefit to using it than compared to an oem 392 filter? Maybe someone can chime in about the filters.

The 392 isn't hard on oil and has a factory coolant/oil heat exchanger, so oil temp is well controlled. The PP 0w-40 has lower levels of AW additives than the original SRT oil, which was just plain Jane M1 0w-40 Euro.

I would expect to see a Mobil product approved for this application in the VERY near future.

I've run the FRAM Ultra on all my 392's (I've owned four) and it or the AMSOIL EaO would be my pick based on efficiency and flow.

While the AMSOIL 0w-40 is recommended for this application, it is not formally approved.

You know Denali if I were in your shoes, I would run the pennzoil 0w40 for a few intervals and have it sampled and send it to an oil analysis to see how its holding up. Also since your running the viper oil filter is there an added benefit to using it than compared to an oem 392 filter? Maybe someone can chime in about the filters.
It's supposed to have a higher flow rate if I remember correctly.. I'm probably wrong.

Back