Mopar 0W-20 Oil - Any info on this Oil ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried a search on this site but didn't come up with anything. I'm wondering if anyone has any info on Mopar 0w-20 oil ?, who makes it and what additive package it may have. Is it any good ?. I believe it is synthetic but that is all I know.

I've got a 2015 Jeep Cherokee and it will be using 0w-20, I get 3 free oil changes from the dealer which may last me for a little bit of time. I eventually want to change to the Mazda 0w-20 or Toyota 0w-20 if possible when it comes time to do my own oil changes. Just curious how the Mopar 0w-20 stacks up in the meantime.

Originally Posted By: jsfalls
I'm sure it meets all the specs your Jeep needs, otherwise it wouldn't be a Mopar product.

Yes that is true. I like prefer high moly oils in the 0w-20 viscosity like some other manufacturers have done with their oils , just curious if Mopar has any moly additive in that visc. range ?.

Last time I read and heard Mopar oil was re-branded Pennzoil. That was in 2013.

Great Oil!

Mopars 0W-20 is labeled as a Full Synthetic! So If it's still re-branded Pennzoil? There is a good chance it is PP 0W-20!

Originally Posted By: -SyN-
Last time I read and heard Mopar oil was re-branded Pennzoil. That was in 2013.

Great Oil!

Mopars 0W-20 is labeled as a Full Synthetic! So If it's still re-branded Pennzoil? There is a good chance it is PP 0W-20!

That would be pretty good, I haven't found a VOA or UOA of it, I'll probably end up doing one myself.

Thanks for all of the replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back