Mooney crash Tampa Rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read about a crash of a Mooney off Tampa into the water.
A girl heard the traffic on her radio and went in and landed her seaplane and rescued the passengers
When I looked her up and said she flew with Jay Leno

Attachments

• 538505AF-8961-4C01-A07C-B23173A97D0E.jpeg
    538505AF-8961-4C01-A07C-B23173A97D0E.jpeg
    91.3 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
What kind of clickbait thread title is this?
You can’t read?
Great story
Genesah Duffy is a Navy veteran and was piloting the seaplane. Duffy said she just happened to be three nautical miles from Peter O. Knight airport when she heard the problem developing over her radio.

“I hear over the radio for Peter O. Knight airport that a Mooney went down in the water, so I verified they are in the water? They landed in the water?” she said.

decided to land to see if I could help,” she said.

When she landed, she could see one of the plane occupants was starting to struggle in the water without a life jacket.

You can’t read?
Great story
Genesah Duffy is a Navy veteran and was piloting the seaplane. Duffy said she just happened to be three nautical miles from Peter O. Knight airport when she heard the problem developing over her radio.

“I hear over the radio for Peter O. Knight airport that a Mooney went down in the water, so I verified they are in the water? They landed in the water?” she said.
Yeah I can read. The title reads like a plane with Jay Leno in it crashed in Tampa.

3 Month old video but its Jay OUTSIDE of an airplane while in flight:

Says here he flew with her:Incidentally, on Wednesday, Oct. 2, 2019, at 10 p.m., on CNBC, you can watch former Tonight Show host Jay Leno climb into an ICON A5 with my good friend, Genesah Duffy. The same Genesah Duffy who was insulted so cavalierly in the comments section of last week’s column. You’ll note Jay doesn’t have any qualms about flying with her, because Jay is a class act.

Your thread title was misleading, hence the 'clickbait' comment from other members. If you can't see what's wrong with it, I can't help you.
I don’t see anything wrong
I don’t get paid
Not a sole was hurt by reading it
In fact it’s a great uplifting story about a female veteran taking action when people were in trouble by doing what’s right.

(I didn’t even realize it sounded like Leno was in the crash)
To me it’s an giant overreaction by a little old lady looking for problems

Obviously the topic isn't going to be discussed.

Shame, that was far more interesting than who Jay Leno talked to that one time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back