Monroe now makes quick struts for the 06-11 Civic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: camrydriver111
Monroe produces one quick strut for both I4 and V6 models of my car.
15.gif

What year is your Camry? I know that Monroe does produce separate I4 and V6 quick struts for at least some years, 97-01.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Originally Posted By: camrydriver111
There are washers and numerous bit and pieces that you normally reuse from the old strut assembly. I don't know if quick struts use the exact same parts.

They don't need to be the exact same. They just need to work. And besides, at such high mileage, all the parts will need to be replaced anyway. You can't reuse anything. Quick struts are awesome since they come with all-new parts and for the easier installation.

Sure. Not everyone is looking for an intentional change from the Original Equipment ride height and/or handling characteristics. Not all parts need to be replaced at high mileage. I've done struts on cars with very high mileage (over 150k) and the insulators and mount were fine. In fact, I usually just replace the boots (or upper insulator if they are one-piece with the boot) and strut bearing, and I have never had a comeback. Same with my shop partner.

We always replace the hardware with dealer parts (OE, not value line or service line).

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
What year is your Camry? I know that Monroe does produce separate I4 and V6 quick struts for at least some years, 97-01.

It was a 04 Altima. It looks like there are two part numbers now, and I got the V6 one. I remember checking a few years back to make sure the right part # was installed on my car and there was only one. Either Monroe added the second part later, or the shop installed the wrong part to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back