Monitor Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I start my Windows 7 computer, the picture will not initially appear on my monitor. The monitor is on, but the screen is very, very dark, but not totally black. There is no picture. If I turn the monitor off, and then on manually, the display will appear. This is a recent change of events. Can anyone tell me why this could be happening? Is the monitor going bad? It is about three years old.

I hope you guys don't mind me asking a lot of questions. I have finally found a place that allows me to ask and learn. Thanks for all your help!

Sounds like the backlight might be having issues. Disable any sort of "dynamic contrast" or image-altering settings in the monitor, if you can.

I'd also double-check that the cables are snugly in place and the pins are not bent.

I am not a computer expert at all, but anytime you're diagnosing anything you need to eliminate the simple stuff first. So like dparm said check the cables first. I'd take them off and look at the connectors carefully and reinstall. Then I would check the graphics card, if it has one, and make sure it is properly seated in it's slot.

try connecting with a different cable type and if possible on another computer

should have at least 2 options

dvi, hdmi, vga

if it still does it.. its the monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back