MOMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have their shift knobs? I want to replace the one in the Accord with one of these. I can make believe it's an Italian sports car.
grin.gif
They have some very nice knobs.

MOMO Italiano

Some guys on AcuraTL.com have swapped out their stock shift knobs for MOMOs, makes for a nice upgrade. If the Accord is anything like the TL, you need bionic strength to unscrew the stock knob. Once removed, the new one simply screws on (use some Loctite to prevent it from loosening). I may swap out the one in my car for a MOMO; the "F16" is sharp looking!
Here's a pic of a MOMO Combat in a TL:
 -

I had a MOMO Veloce steering wheel (the ones used in Ferrari 308s) in my S10; made driving that truck a whole different experience!

Sorry, Loctite is a threadlocker. It comes in different strengths (blue or medium strength is quite common) in a little tube in a blister pack available at auto parts stores. It'll prevent the screw (or shift knob in this case) from loosening or backing out.

Whenever you have a screw or bolt or nut that keeps loosening due to vibration, put a little Loctite on it and you'll be all set.

quote:

Originally posted by Blokey:

Whenever you have a screw or bolt or nut that keeps loosening due to vibration, put a little Loctite on it and you'll be all set.

The Key word there is LITTLE if you think you might ever want to remove it in the future.

JD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back