Mom wants to buy a new jeep GC limited

It's a VERY mature and well-sorted platform at this point. If she wants some of the new features coming to the newer platform without all the bugs that will inevitably go along with that she could look at the Durango, it got the interior refresh but is still on the same platform. This includes the larger UConnect screen, updated UConnect system, wireless airplay and phone charging...etc.

The GC will be changing platforms I THINK for 2022? We'll get a glimpse of what that looks like with the extended 3rd row version of the GC slated to come out later this year. Right now it's still on the WK2 platform.

It's a VERY mature and well-sorted platform at this point. If she wants some of the new features coming to the newer platform without all the bugs that will inevitably go along with that she could look at the Durango, it got the interior refresh but is still on the same platform. This includes the larger UConnect screen, updated UConnect system, wireless airplay and phone charging...etc.

The GC will be changing platforms I THINK for 2022? We'll get a glimpse of what that looks like with the extended 3rd row version of the GC slated to come out later this year. Right now it's still on the WK2 platform.
she doesn't need a 3rd row...from what i gather she wants mid size suv/

she doesn't need a 3rd row...from what i gather she wants mid size suv/

Yeah, the Durango is pretty close in size (same platform) but it has the 3rd row. Only reason I mentioned it is the upgrades I noted, which the GC hasn't received because it is moving to a new platform, something that I guess is delayed for the Durango.

If she's fine without wireless phone charging the current GC will probably suit her just fine.

Excellent Vehicle choice. Tell her to compare trim levels. The Limited is right in the middle and is nicely equipped but moving up to Overland gets you a little more luxury and features. We have an Overland loaded with everything including air suspension - 120k trouble free miles.

Yeah, the Durango is pretty close in size (same platform) but it has the 3rd row. Only reason I mentioned it is the upgrades I noted, which the GC hasn't received because it is moving to a new platform, something that I guess is delayed for the Durango.

If she's fine without wireless phone charging the current GC will probably suit her just fine.

I see what you mean...I didn't even know a new GC was coming out...so it makes sense they aren't updating the pervious gen...Thanks, i'll share that with her.

I see what you mean...I didn't even know a new GC was coming out...so it makes sense they aren't updateding the pervious gen...Thanks, i'll share that with her.

No problem. Info on the new one can be found here:

My grandpa has a 14' Grand Cherokee Limited, basically the same thing still. He's actually never driven it, I'm usually the only one who drives it, including about 300 miles today.

My only gripe is back seat leg room.

The Grand Cherokee L is going to be available in a few months. I would wait.

There are great deals to be had on the WK2. It's a great platform that's mature and well built, yet still has all the modern technology features expected and looks great. I'd expect at least a $10k premium on the 2022 L, maybe more since that's the 7 passenger. The two row is further out.

They have a special 80th anniversary edition out this year, it's based off the Limited and adds a ton of features especially if you option on the luxury group. It's a lot of SUV for the money with all the goodies you could want.

There are great deals to be had on the WK2. It's a great platform that's mature and well built, yet still has all the modern technology features expected and looks great. I'd expect at least a $10k premium on the 2022 L, maybe more since that's the 7 passenger. The two row is further out.

They have a special 80th anniversary edition out this year, it's based off the Limited and adds a ton of features especially if you option on the luxury group. It's a lot of SUV for the money with all the goodies you could want.
True on the 80th - the basically took a Limited and loaded up some additional features and discounted it - very good prices

My parents are in the market for a new 2-row SUV, and I would never recommend the current Jeep Grand Cherokee simply due to the IIHS safety ratings. The rating for the GC is atrocious compared to other models on the market.

Hopefully the upcoming redesign will fare better.

My parents are in the market for a new 2-row SUV, and I would never recommend the current Jeep Grand Cherokee simply due to the IIHS safety ratings. The rating for the GC is atrocious compared to other models on the market.

Hopefully the upcoming redesign will fare better.

Real world stats show otherwise.

Back