Mojack

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Mojack like the one in your first link, and it's proven to be invaluable. I can change blades on my 757 in a matter of 4 or 5 minutes. It also makes short work of getting to some of the grease fittings behind the mower deck-I can put it high enough in the air to get completely under it and work at the back of the deck should I need to do so.

I think either would be a good choice.

After doing a side-by-side comparison of the specifications for both....they're virtually identical.

The main difference is the weight capacity they handle, as the "EZ" capacity is 300 lbs., whereas the "Heavy Duty" handles 500. Base your decision on that, really.

I am seeing the first one for $149.99. Where to you see $50?

The second one is $179.99.

I can use the links you provide but cannot get them to give me a price.

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses.

I guess my real question is about the Mojack. When I was comparing it to the other one, there are other differences besides the weight capacity. The Mojack is a screw jack, while the other is hydraulic. The second jack is a heaver gauge aluminum and appears to be impressively put together compared to the Mojack. The Mojack has straps in the wheel compartment to hold the wheels onto the jack, while the design of the other one makes that appear unnecessary.

However the Mojack appears to be handier to use/store, is the "name brand," and is the least expensive. I am wondering if there have been issues because TSC is clearing out the Mojack and going to the other make. I have read 40 reviews on several sites, and they all have been positive except for issues with the screw mechanism.

Thus the quandary. Either would work and the cost differential is minimal. It wouldn't get heavy use, and I'm sure either would handle my X300. I guess to me it comes down to whether a screw drive or a hydraulic is the most durable. Ideas?

Originally Posted By: Donald
I am seeing the first one for $149.99. Where to you see $50?

I can use the links you provide but cannot get them to give me a price.

At the stores in my area, they are clearing the Mojack out for $149. Try zip 43015, or punch in your own.
Amazon and Rural King are at $199 for the same Mojack. The second one is on sale right now.

I have the regular pro-lift and really like it. It was easy to assemble and is easy to use. It was on sale and much cheaper than the MoJack which is what I had intended to get. I think I would probably like the Mo-Jack though.

UPDATE: Decided to stop the paralysis by analysis syndrome. Went back to the TSC in an adjoining community that had three Mojacks left. Had two very knowledgeable store workers (who both like the Mojack and CANT understand why TSC is discontinuing them) assist me. Even took them outside to demonstrate on a tractor.

After seeing them both in action. The Mojack is the winner. Bought at the $149. price, which is $50. better than anywhere else around here.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Originally Posted By: Tdbo
After seeing them both in action. The Mojack is the winner.

Could you share why it was the winner?

I too, was leaning towards the Mojack. There's no hydraulic jack to maintain or go bad. But, the weight capacity of the Pro one is enticing also.

Originally Posted By: doitmyself
Originally Posted By: Tdbo
After seeing them both in action. The Mojack is the winner.

Could you share why it was the winner?

I too, was leaning towards the Mojack. There's no hydraulic jack to maintain or go bad. But, the weight capacity of the Pro one is enticing also.

The crank mechanism on it is much easier to use than the hydraulic pump. (I was amazed by that.) The Mojack can also be used with a drill to raise/lower if one so desires. The Pro one could also not be lowered fully to the ground.

It is smaller than the Pro one and folds down in a much more compact manner. A platform is an add on that can be used to service push mowers, if so desired.

I went thinking that I was going to buy the Pro one. I was impressed with the Mojack because it really is a well thought out piece of equipment that is much handier to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back