Modern Trucks Wash and Wax - So Laborious

Just washed my new 22 Silverado and put on Turtle Wax Spray Wax. Man, these modern trucks have so much acreage of sheet metal it takes forever to wash, dry and wax. And this **** truck has so many crevices and whatnot on the grill. Then you add the wheels, I swear in the future I will clean those on a different day. Remember how easy it was to wash the square bodies? Or even the 99-06 GMT-800s. This latest variety is just hell to clean. Best driving and riding truck I’ve ever had, but they have grown so ridiculously large.

Just washed my new 22 Silverado and put on Turtle Wax Spray Wax. Man, these modern trucks have so much acreage of sheet metal it takes forever to wash, dry and wax. And this **** truck has so many crevices and whatnot on the grill. Then you add the wheels, I swear in the future I will clean those on a different day. Remember how easy it was to wash the square bodies? Or even the 99-06 GMT-800s. This latest variety is just hell to clean. Best driving and riding truck I’ve ever had, but they have grown so ridiculously large.
Yeah, I kinda gave up on perfection on my F150 for that reason. It doesn't help that even at stock height it's a good 6 inches taller than it needs to be. But it sure is nice to drive.

Yeah, I kinda gave up on perfection on my F150 for that reason. It doesn't help that even at stock height it's a good 6 inches taller than it needs to be. But it sure is nice to drive.
I’m heading down that path for sure. Had to get a stool out. But prior to waxing you have to go for perfection…

Minivans are an issue too…. Even regular cars… just don’t have the time… that’s why I love hydro2…

My buddy has a 4WD Ford F-250 with crew cab.
No way would I care to hand wash that sucker. I'm not even tall enough to wash the windshield then fueling up.

You got any trim protectants you recommend?

I bought this five years ago. I use it twice a year. I probably have three more years left in the bottle.

I apply it these. They are perfectly sized for the job.

My wife parked near a church and they painted the front doors maroon. Her car was covered with splotches on the hood, roof, fenders, and rear hatch, and of course they denied they got paint all over her Enclave. I assume it was blown by wind. I was thinking what you said about the acreage. I had to get out the DeWalt polisher and I used cleaner wax and a lot of time. There was no way the paint was going to come off without a machine. I just accepted the entity would not take responsibility and moved on. Also glad I never needed to use the polish that I had bought.

Best driving and riding truck I’ve ever had, but they have grown so ridiculously large.
They have grown so ridiculously large as we as a people have reached larger density as well.

I had a very hard time keeping my 2018 Silverado free of paint marks, clar coat scratches, and chipping. By far the worst vehicle I ever owned as far as paint quality. It was one of the several reasons it was traded in at 53,000 miles. How much there was to detail was the smallest of the issues. Hopefully-they have improved and you will have a satisfactory paint situation.

I have said this before-the paint on my wife's 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe XL was far superior.

I washed and ceramic coated a friend’s Tundra. It was more or less an half-day affair. If it was my truck, I’d get a color that doesn’t show swirls as well and just pay the local hand car wash the bucks.

My wife parked near a church and they painted the front doors maroon. Her car was covered with splotches on the hood, roof, fenders, and rear hatch, and of course they denied they got paint all over her Enclave. I assume it was blown by wind. I was thinking what you said about the acreage. I had to get out the DeWalt polisher and I used cleaner wax and a lot of time. There was no way the paint was going to come off without a machine. I just accepted the entity would not take responsibility and moved on. Also glad I never needed to use the polish that I had bought.
What a coincidence that the paint splotches were the same color!

I washed and ceramic coated a friend’s Tundra. It was more or less an half-day affair. If it was my truck, I’d get a color that doesn’t show swirls as well and just pay the local hand car wash the bucks.
I was thinking about a ceramic coating as well for mine to cut down on waxing. Is any brand better than another?

I was thinking about a ceramic coating as well for mine to cut down on waxing. Is any brand better than another?
I used Gyeon CanCoat on this truck. The next wash will be Griot’s Ceramic 3-in-1, and if I decide to do some paint correction 303 Nano Graphene.

Back