Moderators - Locked Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please make it part of your protocol to notify the original poster of a thread regarding WHY the thread was locked.

E.g. Original poster creates a thread and then later realizes it was locked. It can be quite confusing to see a thread you created be locked and you have no idea why.

Yep. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Seems like Castrol universal ATF and CVT fluid is a bit controversial on here.

Which is understandable to a degree. One of the most knowledgeable members on here asked for certain information from the additive supplier and had never heard back from them.

I agree with slacktide on this situation. Universal fluids can and do work very well for numerous types of transmissions. However, with a CVT operating on a fairly different manner versus regular ATFs... Aka coefficient of traction = CVTs vs coefficient of friction = most regular ATFs... I would be very hesitant to use a universal ATF/CVT fluid.

Or deleted. I've commented on threads that disappeared and I have no idea why, because I was off BITOG for 6 hours or so and came back and was confused. I imagine for the OP'er they're confused too.
This is what happens … it can be locked and the inappropriate comments removed. Then useable comments remain …
They don’t get locked because a Moderator is bored - they have day jobs etc …

Yep. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Seems like Castrol universal ATF and CVT fluid is a bit controversial on here.

Which is understandable to a degree. One of the most knowledgeable members on here asked for certain information from the additive supplier and had never heard back from them.

I agree with slacktide on this situation. Universal fluids can and do work very well for numerous types of transmissions. However, with a CVT operating on a fairly different manner versus regular ATFs... Aka coefficient of traction = CVTs vs coefficient of friction = most regular ATFs... I would be very hesitant to use a universal ATF/CVT fluid.
Good point - and I have used a Castrol MV that carried both Dex and Mercon approvals …

What‘s funny to me is MaxLife is treated like the ultimate MV ATF and even used in the ZF … but don’t see folks try any other non ZF or OEM ATF in those transmissions … 🤷🏻

This is what happens … it can be locked and the inappropriate comments removed. Then useable comments remain …
They don’t get locked because a Moderator is bored - they have day jobs etc …
I don't mean the comments being deleted, that's fine without warning. I mean the entire thread sometimes gets blown away for an unknown reason (to those who have been absent since their last post)

I don't mean the comments being deleted, that's fine without warning. I mean the entire thread sometimes gets blown away for an unknown reason (to those who have been absent since their last post)
Yes … have seen that too … and sometimes return later (some need deep cleaning) 😷

The instructions for this type of question are located in the sticky topics above this post.

Very rarely does anyone ask because they know or can guess exactly why it was removed or locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back