Moderate Winter ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leamington, ON, CA - between Detroit and Cleveland
Living in Canada, it's not too often that you can get the garden hose out and wash the car in the driveway on New Year's Day !!
Spent yesterday washing the cars and taking down the outside Christmas lights. It was about 3C (38F) and felt GOOD to work outside.
Raining today and they are talking about THUNDER STORMS tonight, just like Spring !!
There is some strange weather going on around the world...TOO hot...TOO wet....TOO dry.
Jan 2, 5:15pm, and I'm still smoke free for 2006 !!
wink.gif

Wow....on New Years Day.
I was able to wash my car in the driveway on Christmas Day about 10 years ago...it was +10!.

Its amazing how good you feel quitting smoking...how much energy you have.

I was reading some letters from my wife's uncle when he was writing from Florida during WWII. The second week in Sept it was getting cool enough that they shifted to their winter uniforms. And that is apparently was the norm in that time period.

Now in Pa. we mow lawns in shorts in late October in shorts.

"Its a nicotine jones. How long have you been off the durn things?"

Just about 48 hrs andyd. Really hasn't been TOO bad so far....one day at a time.
---------------------------------------------

"Just wait until the locusts show up. I forget what's after that, but I remember it's not pleasant...."

MarkC, since this is an automotive forum, maybe HE will send LOTUS !!
wink.gif

PB if you think you need one think of my wife and the scores of others in hospital. Remember they are the few not the majority, the majority are no longer. My wife told me she is so amazed at all these cases she has seen over the last two weeks she wants to do something about it when released. I told her "why would they listen as you didn't". Left her lost for word's. Do people really need to cheat death to wake up?

Papa Bear, I'm right with ya on the stopping smoking. I actually haven't had one since about the 1st week of December. Hang in there! The longer you go smoke free, the nastier smoking seems. I actually tried one a few nights ago after a ruff time replacing hoses and a thermostat and I gagged and couldn't do it (thank ***!).

Winter??? It's midnight as I write and 55 degrees on my deck. ***. Although we already got to 15 below in early December.

Day 3...12;30 pm Still smoke free
smile.gif

Except for the Vancouver, B.C. area we probably get the best winters in Canada. Mama Bear & I are proud Canadians living right between Detroit, MI and Cleveland, OH on that little point of land that sticks down into Lake Erie. We are actually South of the Northern boundry of California !!
I think the Great Lakes act as a heat sink moderating our seasons, supposed to be above freezing for most of the next 10 days. I'll take it
wink.gif

P.B.
p.s. Thanks guys for your support !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back