Mobile1 4t 10w40

Status
Not open for further replies.
The oil talks about being for racing motorcycle engines. Would this be a good oil for a yamaha raptor700 engine?

Last edited:
Synthetics are real clunky on the shifts in my bike. I get better results with conventional. Try it and see how it works for you.

Originally Posted By: mrcmbenton
The oil talks about being for racing motorcycle engines. Would this be a good oil for a yamaha raptor700 engine?

Yes, the Mobil 1 4T seems to be an advanced blend of Group III+/IV/V (VISOM/PAO/AN). Very good oil. But if cheapest thing you can lay your hands on is how you want to lubricate your hard working engine, then maybe look into the Rotella mentioned above.

Looking for a good oil that is reasonably priced and easy to get. I thought i read somewhere that this oil has a very good additive package.

Looking for a good oil that is reasonably priced and easy to get.

Rotella 15W40 conventional
Rotella 5W40 synthetic
Valvoline 10W40 motorcycle conventional
Valvoline 10W40 ATV conventional
Valvoline 4T synthetic
Castrol Actevo 10W40 synthetic blend

All pretty cheap, all available at Wal-Mart, all rated for a motorcycle/ATV.

That Raptor will chew the oil to water in no time, I know, I used to race one in a local XC series. Use a good oil, Mobil 1 Racing 4T counts as a good oil, and change it every 10 engine hours at most.

Any non-energy conserving stuff meeting required performance specifications is "good oil". No premium benefit in using exorbitant-priced stuff when it gets changed frequently. It will not incur any damage running on cheap petroleum.

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger

Yes, the Mobil 1 4T seems to be an advanced blend of Group III+/IV/V (VISOM/PAO/AN). Very good oil. But if cheapest thing you can lay your hands on is how you want to lubricate your hard working engine, then maybe look into the Rotella mentioned above.

Has mobile changed the spec? in the UK, mobil describes M1 4T 10w40 is semi synthetic (grp III) as described by honest manufacturers (or symthetic, synthetic technology, ... by not so honest ones)
But in the US the oil is full (honest ) synthetic GRp IV

my experience of M1 full synthetic (cars & bikes) has been ace

Its just marketing talk, its for all engines, its oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back