Mobile 1 Synthetic 15w/50 - Not what it used to be?

Yeah, the usual's show up as they have for many years. And on a couple different forums.

I find it interesting that none of them will admit to the incorrect advertising of additives. They keep talking about meeting certifications. The same certifications other oils meet.

Anyway, thank all for your time. And a BIG thank you to those that took the time to explain things better and provide more information.

Originally Posted by NorCalHD

Anyway, thank all for your time. And a BIG thank you to those that took the time to explain things better and provide more information.

You're welcome... its the most current information possible...

So you've been here on Bitog for longer than this user name? Per your join date it says you're new?

Oh and you're the one not answering questions. Just saying.

Yeah, the usual's show up as they have for many years. And on a couple different forums.

I find it interesting that none of them will admit to the incorrect advertising of additives. They keep talking about meeting certifications. The same certifications other oils meet.

Originally Posted by kschachn
So you've been here on Bitog for longer than this user name? Per your join date it says you're new?

Oh and you're the one not answering questions. Just saying.

You are wrong, again. The search functions results return old posts. Just sayin... lol

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Bonz
Racin4ds, what oil do you use in your vehicles? You have successfully called out Mobil1 and most of the other major store brand oils as mediocre... So what's the hot ticket?

Good question.

Originally Posted by BusyLittleShop

Please post link to original source of that information.

https://mobiloil.com/~/media/amer/us/pvl/files/pdfs/mobil-1-oil-product-specs-guide.pdf

"Page Not Found" ...

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix

Please post link to original source of that information.

Searching the VOA forum on BITOG, this is the newest info I could find - it's from 2014.

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3439699/mobil1-blackstone#Post3439699

[Linked Image from img78.photobucket.com]

Not what you're showing for the Mobil 15W-50 synthetic ... close in some aspects, but not the same numbers.

Only way to know for sure what Mobil 1 15W-50 is today is to find a very recent official sourced VOA, or have a new VOA done.

Searching the VOA forum on BITOG, this is the newest info I could find - it's from 2014.

The numbers I posted were updated Oct 2019 so you want to go by them...

Last edited:

The numbers I posted were updated Oct 2019 so you want to go by them...

Link to source? If it's that new, the link of the official source should be available.

Link to source? If it's that new, the link of the official source should be available.

https://mobiloil.com/~/media/amer/us/pvl/files/pdfs/mobil-1-oil-product-specs-guide.pdf

Like I said earlier ... link is broken. Test links before final post.

How about a link that works?

[Linked Image]

Either one will meet and exceed your mileage expectations when compared to HD additives levels of 958 Ph and 1231 Z...

[Linked Image]

Wasn't it pointed out when you've posted this before that it's very old information and not relevant today?

Yeah, I pointed it out. This poster has no regard for anything but using inaccurate info thread after thread when it comes to his rehashed silliness. It is blatant misinformation and that should be taken down or banned.

M1 15w50 didn't even have 1100 PPM of zinc in my uoa a few years back, and Mobil gives it no current specification in the year 2020 remotely similar to what is posted.

Psh. I don't know why people are hounding for data sources. Why let real data and facts get in the way of feelings and ego, when you can just create "VOAs" with no similar information available from the company that made it? They're just self-identifying their oils is all.... /sarcasm
lol.gif

One would think the link that's trying to be posted is this one:

https://www.mobil.com/lubricants/-/...B478EACF4BAC5D7B9A3D33763B53E67669592EE5

(sorry I don't know how else to link that, it opens a PDF file directly).

This is the sheet dated October of 2019. However that only gives the zinc and phosphorus numbers, where the rest of the list came from I do not know. But considering they are not "exact" numbers like a manufacturer's data sheet one would guess they are from a UOA - which may or may not be the same oil as in the ExxonMobil sheet.

Net Additive Addition (NAA) is a scientific creation of MacT … who has not received a warm reception by the Tribol Leaders of this island.

Wasn't it pointed out when you've posted this before that it's very old information and not relevant today?

Not only that, take a close look at the fonts in that 'VOA', there are at least 3 different font sizes and 2 typefaces used.
Also, you'll basically never see a real VOA showing additives at the exact nominal quantities, e.g. exactly 1200ppm.

Come on BLS, if you're going to doctor up some pics, at least put some effort into it.
lol.gif

Back