Mobile 1 sell at Walmart?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked in all the oil sections and couldn't find an appropriate section being that all the Oil sections are divided, so I hope this is a good place for this question being that everyone in this forum is under this topic for something "auto related."

Anyway, I've read much about Wally World putting Mobile 1 on sell despite their good sell price already, does anyone know the time frames of when they usually do this? I'm using Filter 1 to place our 150+ oil filter orders, but would love to buy let's say 10-20 gallons of Mobile if they put it on sell. I've heard numerous times about their sells, but never seem to catch them.

Are you asking if Mobil 1 goes on sale? Oy.

Anyhow, they rotate different brands on Rollback (sale) several times throughout the year. It's usually a discount of two or three dollars per five-quart jug. You'll just have to keep an eye on their prices and the sale/rebate forum.

Alternatively, you might be able to find a good price by ordering 5-gallon buckets or a 55-gallon drum from your local Exxon-Mobil distributor.

Yes, Walmart sells Mobil 1 by the 5 quart jugs, not the 1 gallon 4 quart jugs. They recently went up in price. They dropped the price down to $22.66 a few months ago and then recently raised the price up to $25.17, which is still cheap. Pick up as much as you want before the price goes up even more. I would be surprised if they rollback the prices anytime soon.

Every Walmart that I have been too has had tons of Mobil 1 on the shelves in almost every viscosity. Check around at other local Walmart stores if you can't find it at your primary Walmart store.

Originally Posted By: GM4LIFE
Yes, Walmart sells Mobil 1 by the 5 quart jugs, not the 1 gallon 4 quart jugs. They recently went up in price. They dropped the price down to $22.66 a few months ago and then recently raised the price up to $25.17, which is still cheap. Pick up as much as you want before the price goes up even more. I would be surprised if they rollback the prices anytime soon.

Every Walmart that I have been too has had tons of Mobil 1 on the shelves in almost every viscosity. Check around at other local Walmart stores if you can't find it at your primary Walmart store.

Don't you think as the price of crude goes down, the price of motor oil should also go down with it? I think it just takes a little time for it to show up on the shelves.

Originally Posted By: Wolf359
Originally Posted By: GM4LIFE

Don't you think as the price of crude goes down, the price of motor oil should also go down with it? I think it just takes a little time for it to show up on the shelves.

Motor oil price will go down eventually. Crude has fallen 25% and may go lower. Buy what you need now, stock up when the price drops.

Originally Posted By: lawnsbymike

Anyway, I've read much about Wally World putting Mobile 1 on sell

It's Mobil 1, and yes, it occasionally goes on sale.

Mobil 1 was recently on 'Rollback' for $22.66 so I don't think you'll see it on sale again until next year.
PP is now on 'Rollback' as is Castrol Edge black.

Originally Posted By: zrxkawboy

Anyway, I've read much about Wally World putting Mobile 1 on sell

It's Mobil 1, and yes, it occasionally goes on sale.

Thank you for saying something!

And, I agree with the others, I try to catch a few extra jugs when rolled back to $22.xx, but don't mind paying the "full price" at $25.xx when I'm out and need some oil.

Originally Posted By: bigt61
Motor oil price will go down eventually.

Temporary sales aside, I have never seen motor oil prices go down. And I wouldn't count on it now.

does anyone know the time frames of when they usually do this?

No way to tell, unless you work at Walmart's Marketing department. Besides, some of these rollbacks are regional/local in nature - one store will have M1 on rollback, and the other will not.

I'm using Filter 1 to place our 150+ oil filter orders, but would love to buy let's say 10-20 gallons of Mobile if they put it on sell. I've heard numerous times about their sells, but never seem to catch them.

Given the quantities of oil you are purchasing, did you consider a distributor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back