Mobile 1 ESP 0w30 in a modern BMW Diesel?

I didn't run the oil 20k miles. I ran the cheap tensioner. My comment was mostly referring to German luxury car owners. I never said mine was a diesel either. I bought the car with 90k and sold it at 150k using 5w30 when it reached 100k. If 50k using w30 didn't hurt it, I'm sure it could go 150k since new. Like I said, the manual also said 5w30 was suitable.
How are you sure?

Stop trolling bro.
LOL, really? Mercedes wants you to use specific oil (MB229.5). You use oil that does not meet that requirement, and when asked how you know it is all fine, your argument is that I am trolling?
So let me ask you again, how do you know for sure it is working?

LOL, really? Mercedes wants you to use specific oil (MB229.5). You use oil that does not meet that requirement, and when asked how you know it is all fine, your argument is that I am trolling?
So let me ask you again, how do you know for sure it is working?
Cause the engine didn't blow up. Duh!!!

Cause the engine didn't blow up. Duh!!!
Really? It did not blow up? Bcs. running wrong oil should blow up engine? So in 60K of using wrong oil you are sure your bearings are same as with oil that MB wants? Your camshafts? Cat's are in same condition as with MB 229.5? Same amount of deposits in the engine (as MB 229.5 is most stringent approval when it comes to deposits)?
So all that is same as MB229.5?
Ah yes, it did not blew up. That is new assessment of oil performance for sure.

Really? It did not blow up? Bcs. running wrong oil should blow up engine? So in 60K of using wrong oil you are sure your bearings are same as with oil that MB wants? Your camshafts? Cat's are in same condition as with MB 229.5? Same amount of deposits in the engine (as MB 229.5 is most stringent approval when it comes to deposits)?
So all that is same as MB229.5?
Ah yes, it did not blew up. That is new assessment of oil performance for sure.
You need to chill out bro. You just like those people I was mentioning. Only oem will do. You think regular mobil 1 isnt good enough for a Benz but is for everything else? Get real. That Benz is nearly 20 years old and I saw it the other day still going strong. If mobil 1 wasn't good enough I'm sure it would've showed its ass by now.

You need to chill out bro. You just like those people I was mentioning. Only oem will do. You think regular mobil 1 isnt good enough for a Benz but is for everything else? Get real. That Benz is nearly 20 years old and I saw it the other day still going strong. If mobil 1 wasn't good enough I'm sure it would've showed its ass by now.
So, again, since this is oil forum, and we like some data points, how do you know? Did you do UOA?
And I am not your bro.

So, again, since this is oil forum, and we like some data points, how do you know? Did you do UOA?
And I am not your bro.
I've done UOAs before but not that car. Never felt I needed to on the older Benz. Wasn't worth it to me just as the 229.5 oil wasn't. If you want data points then go buy you a 2001 E320 and try it out yourself.

Back