MOBIL1 @ Wal-Mart $23.60 4L.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was at local Edmonton Wal-Mart today and picked up a 4L. jug of Mobil1 supersyn for $23.60. The 5W-30 and 10W-30 were both on for this "as advertised" price -- could be this weekend's flyer special. The local Canadian Super Store is selling one litre bottles of both weights for $5.87. Why buy others when Mobil1 is on at this price???
canada.gif

Those are great prices, especially since it's in canadian money.
smile.gif
Unfortunately, it's $4.49/qt at the local Walmart so I would have to stick with dino Pennzoil for $1.49/qt.

quote:

Originally posted by Green Max:
Those are great prices, especially since it's in canadian money.
smile.gif
Unfortunately, it's $4.49/qt at the local Walmart so I would have to stick with dino Pennzoil for $1.49/qt.

It's $4.77 at my Wal-Mart, but at Target, it's $3.39.

sadly in KY I hacve never seen MOBIL 1 under 4.89 USD for 1 quart of SuSyn.

Never seen those 1 gallon or 4 L jugs either here.
Out of state (GA), I seen 'em once for low price.

Fred...
smile.gif

Quick Math:

4L. = 1.05669 US gal.
$CDN = .64 $US

cost per US quart at CDN Wal-Mart price of $23.60=

[(23.60/1.05669)x.64]/4= $3.57 USD -- cheap eh!!

rolleyes.gif
fruit.gif

quote:

Originally posted by SPITMAN:
Was at local Edmonton Wal-Mart today and picked up a 4L. jug of Mobil1 supersyn for $23.60. The 5W-30 and 10W-30 were both on for this "as advertised" price -- could be this weekend's flyer special. The local Canadian Super Store is selling one litre bottles of both weights for $5.87. Why buy others when Mobil1 is on at this price???
canada.gif

..Holy cow.. I'm gonna have to go to Wally-world tomorrow and check the prices... the last time I checked it was over 28.00 for 4lt jug and just under 7.00 for 1lt at CDN Tire and WMart...

What if this is not a sale price and this is perminant.
Considering walmart can afford to do this.
They would be the only one people would be buying oil from. They would catch most of the market for people wanting a good quality oil, and at that price why would anyone go anywhere else.

Note origional post -- Canadian Superstore is selling it for 3 cents less than Wally World and in 1 L. bottles as well - better for those folks that need slightly more than the 4 L. jug.
cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by rick:
So does anyone here know if that price is going to stay this way, because there seems to be no indication that this is a sale.

Walmart claims that they never have sales. Although I know this to be false, as I watch the prices of the things I buy regularily. They'll stay one price for months and months, then they put a rollback sign on it and drop it down. It stays low like that for a few weeks, then it goes back up again. The diapers I buy for my baby son do this all the time, one week they are $19 then they shoot up to $25 for a while, then they go back down to $19 for a few weeks.

It's like the 4L GTX jug I bought for $5.98 a few weeks ago. The sign said "everyday low price" but then when the supply got low, they stuck a $5 "clearance" price on it, and then they brought in the 4.4L jugs, and now they are up to $10 or so. So much for that "everyday low price"
rolleyes.gif

The funniest thing is that, walmart can afford to do this and they are probably still making money. Not I starting to wonder how much money does it cost them for the 4L jugs.

**** if I opened an oil store I'd be making a killing.

quote:

Originally posted by 2K2AcuraTL:

quote:

Originally posted by SPITMAN:
canada.gif

..Holy cow.. I'm gonna have to go to Wally-world tomorrow and check the prices... the last time I checked it was over 28.00 for 4lt jug and just under 7.00 for 1lt at CDN Tire and WMart...

Well I just got back from WallWorld and sure enough ..the 4lt jugg was 23.60... thats once heck of a price drop from 28.48, as it was only a week or 2 ago. As for the 1lt bottle its still @7.12. So I picked up a jugg of 5w30/10w30.
Even at this price I am still debating to try the Swepco oil I have meaning to try..
confused.gif

Jean

So does anyone here know if that price is going to stay this way, because there seems to be no indication that this is a sale.

quote:

Originally posted by 2K2AcuraTL:
Well I hope all you oil-heads that shop Cdn WallyWorld took advantage of that wicked price drop... Its now back to 28.50....
frown.gif

Jean

That didn't last long! Are you sure you didn't just see the price for the 15w50? I saw last weekend that 5w30 and 10w30 were $23.60 but the 15w50 was still $28+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back