Mobil1 Synthetic ATF Where to purchase in Canada?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive been searching numerous retailers in southern Ontario and cannot find Mobil1 Synthetic ATF. CT has it listed on their site but no inventory in any stores. Anybody know where I can find it? Ordering from the US will make it crazy expensive with customes charges etc. I am open to either walk-in retail or online purchasing within Canada.

Too good for Maxlife, eh fancy pants?
cool.gif

I've never seen it anywhere in-store or online. Have you considered Transmax synthetic? You can order it online from Costco: https://www.costco.ca/castrol-trans...hicles-6-x-946-ml.product.100244081.html

What's it for? Maybe you should just use OEM fluid. It works for a lot of applications. I think I still got a bunch that I never ended up using.

Originally Posted by Wolf359
What's it for? Maybe you should just use OEM fluid. It works for a lot of applications. I think I still got a bunch that I never ended up using.
OP is a real BITOGer and drives a 3.8 W-body Lesabre.

I would take a look at Petro Canada multi vehicle synthetic ATF if M1 ATF is hard to find. As far as universal ATFs go, it's up there with Mobil ATF.
It should also be cheaper than M1. The last time I bought Petro Canada ATF I think it was about $7 and change with taxes per liter. M1 ATF at that time was $10 before taxes. This was about four years ago for a petro canada distributor, not a gas station.

If you're interested PM me, I still have the contact info of that distributor in western Toronto.

Both local Canadian Tires and the Partsource carries it
21.gif
I'd just ask, they'll probably have it next day.

I second the petrocan alternative if you cant find M1. Same price here, maybe 7.50$ a liter, tax in. I am running the Duradrive in my AS69RC and it runs just fine. PC also makes a low viscosity Duradrive if one needs.

Last time I looked for M1 atf, it was many years ago and it was listed north of 12 bucks a litre. No thanks, it's not that good.

Thank you everyone who has offered suggestions. My reason for wanting the Mobil 1 is that I used it several years ago to do a drain and fill on my 4T65E tranny and it was a miracle worker for stopping the shuttering I was having on take off from a stop which was worse in summer but seldom if ever occurred in Winter months. It's only my theory but I really feel that this synthetic replacement for the old DEX III is great at holding viscosity specs. The last fluid that the Mobil 1 replaced was DEX 6 and I'm convinced that in spite of what GM says about backward compatibility, the DEX 6 lower viscosity numbers cause issues (or can cause) with the trans' functioning. FYI, this trans has received strict fluid changes since new with filter changes as well. It was driven gently by its elderly prior owner and while I'm not a senior citizen, | must admit I drive like one!! I have no specific loyalty to Mobil in general and I agree with all of your postings that there are many great AT fluids out there and motor oils as well. (I've used Mobil 1, Castrol, Pennzoil, Kendall, etc. for my crankcase and found all of them great products) I guess that when I find something that works and I'm maintaining my only car, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" is something that guides my decision making. I will check with CT and PS and see about getting some ordered for my next drain and fill.

If you're near an Allison dealer/distributor, you can get TES-295 spec atf (probably Mobil or Castrol).
Not sure about the pricing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back