Mobil1 New Life 0W-40, 20,000 mi; 2009 Clio D4F784

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: wamax
Yes, I have not changed the oil filter, I will change it next time I will change the oil.

Are you saying you intend to go 40K between filters?

UD

Last edited:
I think I would go ahead and change the oil filter and probably back off that OCI a bit.

I wonder is this is the same M1 0/40 we get here.

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
I think I would go ahead and change the oil filter and probably back off that OCI a bit.

I wonder is this is the same M1 0/40 we get here.

He seems determined to keep the filter. Why waste it, haha.

Unless the engine is smudged it really won't matter, as filters get more efficient with use...however, at some point it becomes a false economy IMO

Are Fram Ultra oil filters available in Italy? That is the best to use here probably, holds the most gunk.
I wouldn't go past 15k miles on any oil filter, including a Fram Ultra.
You might be able to get that 0.6 (high) insolubles down using a better filter.

The fact that you put in 2 quarts of make-up oil means the 20k miles is not bad. Evidence is your low iron (for that many miles).
Maybe get a Magnetic Drain Plug to scour out any very small iron particles for that amount of time.

Originally Posted By: Bluestream
Unless the engine is smudged it really won't matter, as filters get more efficient with use...however, at some point it becomes a false economy IMO

It won't matter? You think a cheap filter will handle 30-40k miles without tearing?

Originally Posted By: Brybo86
40,000 km on a standard filter....?
This is gonna be gooood.

He already ran 32000 km and Blackstone suggested he drop it to 25000 km...I think he might end up with 57000 km on that filter.

Originally Posted By: oil_film_movies
Are Fram Ultra oil filters available in Italy? That is the best to use here probably, holds the most gunk.
I wouldn't go past 15k miles on any oil filter, including a Fram Ultra.

Not really, well if you really want it you can, but it's sooo expensive !

But you can get the OEM Renault FIlter which is a Purflux filter (or directly the Purflux model), a chevron design. The filters are IMO suite small to withstand so much use, but why not after all, if it's not bypassed.

Cambiare il filtro olio a 10.000 miglia e il tuo olio a 15.000 miglia almeno.

Which means change Purflux filters at 10,000 miles, and the oil at 15,000 miles. ... Please.

Yep. Plus I noticed a trend of diminishing quality in Purflux filters...now some of the simplest designs are made in China
smirk.gif

That exhaust manifold is super tight and places that tiny hot turbo right by that valve cover. I'd be willing to bet there's nothing you can do to prevent the UNDERSIDE of your valve cover from getting ugly and it doesn't matter anyway.

Change that filter out and I'd do 15k mile intervals for both oil and filter.

Next time I will change oil and oil filter will probably be at 135,000 km on unit (37,000 km/23,000 mi OCI). If you want I can cut open the oil filter and take some pictures of it.

Originally Posted By: wamax
Next time I will change oil and oil filter will probably be at 135,000 km on unit (37,000 km/23,000 mi OCI). If you want I can cut open the oil filter and take some pictures of it.

Aha, sure. If the filter doesn't get clogged with sludge and blows your motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back