Mobil1 new european formulations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both of these oils are heavy 30wts. I wonder if one of them will become the new 30wt Truck and SUV oil. If this is so, let's hope that it is the first oil listed and not the second one.

The SHC Formula LA is primarily formulated for MB while Mobil 1 ESP Formula is Mobil's new "top-product" for European car requiring low-SAPS oil.
I have seen Mobil 1 ESP at 70 Euro/4litres at the warehouse.

Most of people who buy these new cars do not change their oil themself, so it does not matter to them whether they pay 15 Euro/L for regular M1 or maybe 20 Euro/L for ESP at the dealer.

Primus, ESP will work in "older" engines, but not better than for example regular M1 0w-40. I think low-SAPS oils are waste of money. Again, deposits created by some additives are only an effect of (high) oil consupmtion. Even in a new car, I would use a "normal ash oil" (provided it shows low oil consumption), rather than a new untraditional and expensive oil.

The last 20 years (or more) oil companies told us to use their premium engine oils with, typically with 1,2 - 1,5 % sulfated ash content. New cars/engines (especially the exhaust gas aftertreatments) may require different oil technologies. Hence, changes in oil technology are basically no longer quality enhancing.

I don't know about oil pricing in Ukraine. Compared to The States, most of the known PCEO's are overpriced here in Germany. If you need a good Xw-30, consider Castrol SLX 0w-30.

Sorry, only my opinion.

Regards,

ED.

quote:

Both of these oils are heavy 30wts. I wonder if one of them will become the new 30wt Truck and SUV oil. If this is so, let's hope that it is the first oil listed and not the second one.

Yes, it would be interesting to see a what price point Mobil would set to compete with GC, and what API (SL or SM?) rating it would receive.

Bowser

The ESP formula is the first oil I've seen that could eventually draw me away from GC
shocked.gif
...UNLESS...the Elves have been working on something without telling me.
dunno.gif
I prefer to stick with the diminuitive ones but sometimes even the Elfe Meister has to change course.

The Elves are safe for now.

I inquired at the Exxon Mobil website asking if Mobil 1 ESP Formula 5w-30 will be sold in the US. Here's their reply...

quote:

Mobil has a company policy does not discuss future business decisions, however at this time we do not have the intentions to do so.

-Matt

Bowser

I see the Deutschmeister still hasn't figured out how to build an engine that will survive on anything less than 12 cSt oil. They must count their lucky stars everyday that the Elves have been there through the years to keep the Deutscher Orden's image from being tarnished.
tongue.gif

70 Euro/4litres

Thank *** I live in the states. I would think the prices should be de-taxed or subsidized down. Extended OCI are a good thing and should be encouraged by goverments.

3.99qt for German Castrol 0W30 here after price match
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back