Mobil1 EP M1-207 Filter C&P 8,000 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
C&P of a M1-207 Mobil1 Extended Performance filter that came off my 2004 Honda Odyssey after 8k. This size is equivalent to a PH3985, a filter originally spec for some AMC engines, and the Renault PRV. It's an oversize filter for this application, but with same M20x1.5 thread, bypass valve setting, and gasket diameters. Fits on this engine nicely with no clearance issues, ends up being probably twice the size (much wider and a fair bit taller) as the PH7317/PH3593A filter that the J35 engine calls for.

The M1 filter had good construction, built like a tank. Pleat spacing not perfect, but good enough. The actual filter cartridge seemed quite small for the can size, taking up perhaps 2/3 or less of the volume of the can. Bottom side spring loaded bypass probably accounts for most of that. Nothing about the filter would make me want to spend over $5-6 for it, media seemed above average quality but not to the level of Fram Ultra and many others that are actually less expensive than this one. I picked it up on a RA closeout for around $3 a filter.

Nothing unusual about the oil, no metal flakes or particles in or on the pleats that I could tell, except the ones my cutting wheel/angle grinder kicked up.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Matagonka
These are great filters.

He's not interested in anyone's opinion …

Thanks for the cut and paste, they are always interesting to see. Since I usually use Mobil 1 oil I've been using the Mobil 1 EP filters due to oil change specials at auto part stores and using Mobil 1 rebates of $5 per filter with the purchase of Mobil 1 oil. That brings the cost of the Mobil 1 oil filter to $5 when purchasing them at Walmart and sometimes less with the auto part store oil change specials.

Whimsey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back