Mobil1 EP 5qt jug - $29.97 at Amazon

So about $1 more for EP vs the standard “Advanced Formula” at Costco; also 5qt jug vs 6 individual qts case. I stocked up for my Mazda 3 and should get me to around 30k-42.5k miles on the odometer from now depending on OCIs.

Ironically I had to return something to a Napa retail store (home of the most unfriendly employees I’ve met) and spied this exact product/size on their shelves. Wow…
IMG_3723.png
IMG_3720.jpeg

Last edited:
For the first couple years I was using M1 EP on the MDX (back win i would get it for 15 dollar, with reward points and the 15$ rebates) but the rebate went to 8$ for the past few years and I said to myself why do I pay this much money on EP oil when I change every 6,000 miles. Mind you I still using high brand names full synthetic oil on all the car just not EP.

For the first couple years I was using M1 EP on the MDX (back win i would get it for 15 dollar, with reward points and the 15$ rebates) but the rebate went to 8$ for the past few years and I said to myself why do I pay this much money on EP oil when I change every 6,000 miles. Mind you I still using high brand names full synthetic oil on all the car just not EP.
I buy Mobil-1 EP and do 3k OCIs. So don't feel bad - like you're wasting money at 6k.
Some engines (like mine) need short OCIs. You never mentioned what make, model, year or engine you have.

A good place to put that info is in your Signature.

Cyber monday i guess, so mobil 1 6 quart case has a $15 coupon. Its 28 for 6 qt case of M1 0w40,and other weights

Back