Mobil1 EP 10w-40 ..anyone seen it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen the M1 EP 5w-30, 10w-30, and 15w-50, but have yet to see the M1 EP 10w-40.
dunno.gif
Also, does anyone know if it will be available in 5 quart jugs?

I just can't get past the stigma that developed around this grade of oil in the 90s....or was it the 80's...heh heh, heh...come to think of it, I believe it was the summer of "ought 4", by crackey, back when we had the big blizzard...most of you were probably jes' young whipper snappers back then...heh heh heh

I am not sure I agree Wal-Mart will eventually the 5 qt jugs in 10W40. I think your best best is to purchase the single quart containers from AutoZone, PepBoys, etc.

It seems as if (before the new EP oils), our Wal-Mart's only carried 5W30, 10W30 and 15W50 in the 5 quart containers; I can't remember the 10W40 (at least not in Colorado or Kansas).

quote:

Originally posted by Colt:
According to the Mobil 1 site on the new extended life line there isn't a 10w40.
The truck formula is a 5w40.

Available as:
Mobil 1 0W-30
Mobil 1 0W-40
Mobil 1 5W-20
Mobil 1 5W-30
Mobil 1 10W-30
Mobil 1 Truck & SUV Formula

http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/MotorOil/Oils/Mobil_1.aspx

Colt that is the lineup for the standard Mobil 1 NOT the EP lineup. The EP line of M1 has 5w30,10w30 10w40 and 15w50.Look a little further on the website you linked to and you will see the EP section.When you go to the link you provided look on the left side Mobil 1 is highlighted. Look above that and you should see Mobil1 Extended Protection.Click on that.

quote:

Originally posted by farrarfan1:

quote:

Originally posted by Colt:
According to the Mobil 1 site on the new extended life line there isn't a 10w40.
The truck formula is a 5w40.

Available as:
Mobil 1 0W-30
Mobil 1 0W-40
Mobil 1 5W-20
Mobil 1 5W-30
Mobil 1 10W-30
Mobil 1 Truck & SUV Formula

http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/MotorOil/Oils/Mobil_1.aspx

Colt that is the lineup for the standard Mobil 1 NOT the EP lineup. The EP line of M1 has 5w30,10w30 10w40 and 15w50.Look a little further on the website you linked to and you will see the EP section.When you go to the link you provided look on the left side Mobil 1 is highlighted. Look above that and you should see Mobil1 Extended Protection.Click on that.

My bad,thanks,

I called Autozone and they told me over the phone they carried it. I went to the store yesterday and they do not seem to cary it around here. I asked while in the store and the clerk said they proably will not get it. I bet it is special order only.

quote:

Originally posted by buster:
Hirev, where did you find it?

GI Joe's a sporting goods/auto parts chain store here in the North West. It just showed up about a month ago.

I'm still coming up empty trying to find M1 10w-40 EP.
dunno.gif
Anyone spot it anywhere else? This stuff is harder to find than GC.
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back