Mobil1 Clean 5000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO its Mobil's best oil for price vs performance.

Use it with NO WORRIES.
thumbsup2.gif

There are UOA and VOA's for this oil on here, and it is a great oil that produces very good, low wear numbers.

If you get a "good" batch, it will smell like maple syrup for your griddlecakes. Could you give us a sniff test and report back? Currently running a 3qt/1qt bland of 5w-30 / 10W-40 in the forester. Have purchased good and "bad" batches. The Good batches smell good. Verification of good vs. bad is just on ther road performance - noise, mileage, smoothness, torque - seat of the pants stuff.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
5w20 Mobil 5000 is on closeout for 99 cents.

Not anymore. And that clearance was only at select stores.

True..he did ask for a VOA but all I could find was a UOA.

I say run us a VOA test cody.

Last edited:
This was selling for $11.00 5/qt. jug at Walmart. I'm trying it in our PT until I figure out what oil I'm going to stick with. Seems like there was a VOA here for this oil.

There was a VOA because I remember there was some debate over the high sodium content that showed up in the analysis. I seem to remember the anti-wear adds being right at the SM limits and a good shot of boron as well, with moly at 104 or 140 I can't remember which.

There has also been some discussion about what grouping the base oil is.

"Slam Down a Rhondo!"

There used to be a soft drink in the 1970's called Rhondo and that was their slogan. It was a short lived competitor to Mountain Dew, same citrus type carbonated soft drink. By slam down they meant drink it rapidly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back