Mobil1 3 types which one for my 800hp Z06?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes dailydriver those are additional considerations of significance!!!!! And Russell I think you are correct to raise a question about the HP if I interpret your meaning correctly. I too have been raising my eyebrows at that 800 figure. That represents over double the stock HP (385). Yes, racer12306, I understand that the motor is supposed to be SC and stroked but you would need, in my opinion, a lot more to approach those lofty numbers including a hefty cam that looks like a tree limb, reworked heads/valvetrain, boost levels that will probably have a negative effect on longevity, a very aggressive tune at the cusp of dangerous detonation and good-bye pretty forged pistons and whatever else they take with them. I wonder about streetability with the mods etc. required to get even close to that HP. I think I might have just gone with the "bottle" maybe a 200-250 shot.

quote:

And Russell I think you are correct to raise a question about the HP if I interpret your meaning correctly. I too have been raising my eyebrows at that 800 figure. That represents over double the stock HP (385). Yes, racer12306, I understand that the motor is supposed to be SC and stroked but you would need, in my opinion, a lot more to approach those lofty numbers including a hefty cam that looks like a tree limb, reworked heads/valvetrain, boost levels that will probably have a negative effect on longevity, a very aggressive tune at the cusp of dangerous detonation and good-bye pretty forged pistons and whatever else they take with them. I wonder about streetability with the mods etc. required to get even close to that HP.

I don't see whats to doubt in relation to his 800hp claim. I know of a forged 346 LS1 w Y1 blower at 14 psi making 766rwhp. Just think how easy it would be for a 402ci or 427ci to make those numbers on less boost.

Good heads, blower cam and beefed internals and essential to power production along with the tune. If you've got the $$ to build a 800HP Z06 then you've got the cash to tune so it lasts.

Ryan00TJ-----Well I guess I would agree that it is possible but it is a rare bird and as I mentioned in my post; heads, cam, etc., would be needed which you seem to echo also. AND.....that is a big IF in your last sentence The LSI you speak of is it a daily driver? Is it yours? Could we see the Dyno sheet and engine specs?

quote:

Well I guess I would agree that it is possible but it is a rare bird and as I mentioned in my post; heads, cam, etc., would be needed which you seem to echo also. AND.....that is a big IF in your last sentence The LSI you speak of is it a daily driver? Is it yours? Could we see the Dyno sheet and engine specs?

Ahhh not too rare... building an LSX to accept boost just costs more than the average enthusiast usually pays. The stock setup is limited to 8psi and the pistons don't seem to be up to past 550rwhp. Those willing to throw the $$ are rewarded with awesome gains..

The LS1 I referred to above is not mine but have raced at tracks he has for awhile. I've seen the car and ** with the owner. It's a forged 347 LS1 w good heads and blower cam. N/A it would probably make an easy 450rwhp. Add the 14psi from the Vortech and your moving. The car is not a DD as it's his racecar but it easily could be.

Here's some good stuff......

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=428072

quote:

Originally posted by dbvettez06:

quote:

Originally posted by 427Z06:
I vote for RedLine in this application. What are the maximum oil temps you see?

I don't drive when it over 80 degrees out, hot as h#ll with black interior....Normal temps [oil] would be 195-208....

RedLine 10w30 assuming close to stock clearances.

quote:

Originally posted by Ryan00TJ:

quote:

Well I guess I would agree that it is possible but it is a rare bird and as I mentioned in my post; heads, cam, etc., would be needed which you seem to echo also. AND.....that is a big IF in your last sentence The LSI you speak of is it a daily driver? Is it yours? Could we see the Dyno sheet and engine specs?

Ahhh not too rare... building an LSX to accept boost just costs more than the average enthusiast usually pays. The stock setup is limited to 8psi and the pistons don't seem to be up to past 550rwhp. Those willing to throw the $$ are rewarded with awesome gains..

The LS1 I referred to above is not mine but have raced at tracks he has for awhile. I've seen the car and ** with the owner. It's a forged 347 LS1 w good heads and blower cam. N/A it would probably make an easy 450rwhp. Add the 14psi from the Vortech and your moving. The car is not a DD as it's his racecar but it easily could be.

Here's some good stuff......

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=428072

Plus, if you start out with an LS7 or C5/6R short block/bottom end (BIG $$$), you have that much stronger a base for a boosted powerplant. If one plans on pushing serious forced induction (>20 psi) through an LSxx, they usually go for the iron block truck series LSxx (less $$).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back