Mobil1 0w40 Euro & Mobil1 15w50 - 50/50 mix

Recent sample sent in to Blackstone. Currently using this in my LS7 Corvette. It's street driven only, naturally aspirated with high lift cam, heads milled to run 93 pump gas, 612whp. Summer driven only, stored winters. Driven less than 4000 miles/year, OCI once yearly in the spring. I was also considering Redline 5w-40. Constructive comments appreciated.

VIRGIN Mobil1 0W40-15W50 VOA.jpg

Last edited:
Blends do not work that way. You cannot mix 0W40 and 10W40 and get 5W40. I think this subject was revisited here numerous times.
I would just get good 5W40 oil or go Mobil1 5W50.

Blends do not work that way. You cannot mix 0W40 and 10W40 and get 5W40. I think this subject was revisited here numerous times.
I would just get good 5W40 oil or go Mobil1 5W50.
Please explain “that way”. I never stated a way I intended the mix to work, but simply that it is 50/50 and here’s the report.
Also, please stay specific as per the mixing of the two Mobil 1 synthetics mentioned.

Please explain “that way”. I never stated a way I intended the mix to work, but simply that it is 50/50 and here’s the report.
Also, please stay specific as per the mixing of the two Mobil 1 synthetics mentioned.
OK, I am trying to figure out what is ultimate goal of this mixing? Are you trying to get something out of it, or you are just playing with it?

Looks good. That 50:50 blend spiked the 0w40 visc from 13cst to almost ~15cst. I expected more Z/P since 15w50 is higher than the 0w40.

Bet this makes a great 10w40. I'd use it.

Plus as usual the UOA shows a whole lot more about the engine condition and operating conditions than it does about the oil. No real conclusions about how well the mixture "worked" can be drawn from that UOA.

Nothing wrong with having a bit of fun. I blended 5w40 Mobil Turbo Truck with Mobil 5w30 and came up with a VOA that looked surprising like Pennzoil Euro 5w40. (Except for base oil attributes, that is.) :)

One of the better 7w45 lubes out there ! (shut up, just joking) …

Well, it looks like a boosted 0w40 … and running in summer only … UOA will be interesting

Back