Mobil1 0w30

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 0W-30 got pushed off the shelves to make room for the 0W-40 and the 5W-20.
Mobil still offers it, but you'll likely have to order it through a auto parts store and you'll pay the full price.
Real bummer.
I'd use it if Wally World still sold it.

Originally Posted By: coffee
Hi All,

Where can you buy this stuff? I checked Wal-Mart but did not see any and hope to find some at a decent price.

I ordered my current fill at local NAPA and picked it up next day.

Try K-Mart. I saw a shelf full there a couple years ago. It didn't sell, but never went on clearance, either.

According to someone on here that went to SEMA, Mobil plans on pushing the "0w" grades starting early 08. So you might start to see more of it 1st quarter of 08.

That is good news and I hope to be able to find it locally before too long. Thanks for all the advice on where to locate some. I have Pep Boys and NAPA failry close and am going to check there as well.

Autozone my be able to order it, but it's not a stock item for them. They closed it out over a year ago. I managed to get about 9 quarts for $1 each.

I hoarded a bunch. PP 5w-30 is actually thinner at most cold temps. I still like M1 0w-30 but am not yet using it in my new Accord, I'm using Havoline Synth. Sort of saving the M1 for when my engine gets older and I want a 30 weight oil that runs nice and clean. Back to the PP 5w-30 thing, yeah...thinner than M1 0w-30 asround zero farenheit.

Mobil redesigned the bottles for the 0w-30 and 0w-20.

http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/MotorOil/Oils/Mobil_1_0W-30.aspx

I like the 0w-30 specs. HT/HS of only 2.99 (better fuel economy the lower the HT/HS) and yet it still meets the Corvette spec. Depending on the application this could be a good thing.

Quote:
How do Mobil 1 0W-20 Advanced Fuel Economy and Mobil 1 0W-30 Advanced Fuel Economy differ from the products manufactured prior to 2008?

They are the same formulation as the products marketed prior to 2008. As the importance of fuel economy has increased, we felt it was important to communicate to consumers regarding the products in our line that offer the best fuel economy.

What type of fuel economy and savings should I expect from using the Mobil 1 Advanced Fuel Economy products?

Fuel economy improvement is dependent on many variables including vehicle/engine type, outside temperature, driving conditions and your current engine oil viscosity. Mobil 1 0W-20 Advanced Fuel Economy and Mobil 1 0W-30 Advanced Fuel Economy deliver a potential 2% fuel economy improvement as compared to those viscosity grades most commonly used. As an example of the fuel savings you may experience over the life of your vehicle, see the chart below:

Fuel Savings Worksheet
Cumulative Miles 50,000 100,000 150,000
Estimated Savings* $147 $294 $441
*Based on 20 MPG, $3/gal gasoline and a potential 2% fuel economy improvement (based on a comparison versus those grades most commonly used). Actual savings are dependent upon vehicle/engine type, outside temperature, driving conditions and your current engine oil viscosity.

What if I don't notice improved fuel economy after switching to Mobil 1 0W-20 Advanced Fuel Economy or Mobil 1 0W-30 Advanced Fuel Economy?

Your fuel economy improvement will be dependent on your vehicle/engine type, outside temperature, driving conditions and our current engine oil viscosity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back