Mobil1 0W-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
no it's not at Wal-mart but I have gotten it at NAPA and seen it at Autozone,Shuck's, and so other auto parts stores. Wish Wal-mart would carry it in the 5qt bottles all the other Mobil1 they sell comes in.

Did they quit making this oil? Just noticed that I haven't seen it in any stores for quite some time.

I had been noticing 0w-30 was gone from Kmart when I'd occasionally check what they had there. I thought they had narrowed it down to the Mobil 1 'big 3'. That is 5w-30, 10w-30 and 15w-50.

The last several times I've gone they did have 0w-30, though it seems there's never a very big stock of it on the shelf. It was also included with their $4/quart specials Kmart has on mobil 1 every few months or so. Works for me.

Maybe seasons and regions have some effect. Oddly enough, I saw it recently on the shelves at our Wal-Mart in Pensacola, FLORIDA of all places. I actually got some back in late December and ran a 5k OCI with it (yes, the 0w-30), since I knew I'd be traveling North during that interval. You'd think it would be more readily available up north vs. down here. . .

That is an awesome Mobil-1! I used it once in the Stratus I had. On some very cold evenings (-10-15'F), the car started like it was July, while other cars were struggling. It was great! I haven't seen it in my area for quite some time...except for some old Tri-synthetic bottles. I really would like it back! Does Mobil have any reasoning to this...maybe the 0-20, 0-40 and 5-40 oils are trying to take the place..??

I think we should blame GC for mobil's extinguish
grin.gif

I ran it this winter in my '02 Ranger. Just changed it out last week and sent in a UOA sample. K-Mart in my town always has a bunch of it.

The Target's by my house had a clearance of the Mobil 1 0W-30 last month from $4.99 to $2.37 quart. They now also carry the "big three:" 5w-30, 10w-30 and 15w-50.

quote:

Originally posted by JohnBrowning:
I doubt that the general public know anything about GC! I can not even find it in my area.

Forget the "general public." The person who thinks about oil only when change time comes has no hope of finding out about it. Heck, the "helpful" kid at my Autozone looked at me like I was a Martian when I tried to explain why I was culling particular bottles from his 0w-30 stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back