Mobil1 0w-20EP 3.4k mil; Acura RDX 2020

Time will tell if these engines will start having issues after 100-150k miles. They’ve been around for 3-4 years now, and yes some people had hit 100km miles on them without issues, but will be interesting to see at 10 year mark.
Good luck with it. We like to keep our cars a long time. Hope it works that way with our 2018. I have lost a lot of the angst I had when I first learned of the issues with these engines. Hope we not all going after Honda later with pitchforks and torches! I really dont think so. 🤞

Whats interesting is fuel dilution got worse (4 to 5%) with 3.4k OCI vs 7.4k using same oil and driving pattern. This time I even changed oil after 40min highway drive to eliminate any potential fuel that did not burn off.

I dont think I need 0w oil, 5w should be sufficient, winters in NJ are not that cold and mostly above freezing temps. Yep, I will do one more UOA using 5w-30, maybe use pennzoil for a change
That is pretty crazy. At least your wear metals are trending down despite the fuel dilution. Plenty of TBN and honestly as much fuel is showing, I expected the viscosity to be worse. This may end up being your car's normal.

At least your wear metals are trending down despite the fuel dilution

Not really, they are about the same (iron is half) if you factor shorter OCI. Previous OCI was 7.4k, now its 3.4k. Its still relatively new engine

Not really, they are about the same (iron is half) if you factor shorter OCI. Previous OCI was 7.4k, now its 3.4k. Its still relatively new engine
I didn't say significant reduction, I said trending. I was mostly looking at Iron (the only metal over 2ppm/1000mi), which went from 3.6ppm per 1000 mi to 3.2ppm per 1000 mi. Yeah, that is not significant, but it is the start of a trend, that I expect will continue to go down as wear-in materials continue to flush out.

80-90% highway driving, 3400 miles (60% oil life left as per OLM). About 5 month. Mobil1 Ep 0w-20. Fuel dilution got worse compared to my last analysis 7400 miles. Car is stock, and regular driving
I can't change oil any more often, viscosity has to go up

View attachment 133855
Bad news and Good news. The good news is that wear metals seem OK and you made a good call on the 3400 oci. Perhaps you can find a thicker 0-20 (PUP 0w-20) for your short ocis. .02

Bad news and Good news. The good news is that wear metals seem OK and you made a good call on the 3400 oci. Perhaps you can find a thicker 0-20 (PUP 0w-20) for your short ocis. .02
I thought 0-20 PUP has the same viscosity as Mobil1 EP 0-20 at 100C?

There are multiple M1 0W20 VOAs showing low Phosphorus and Zinc. There's also that Engineering Explained YT video where M1 tests their own oil and their results show low results.

Yeah, you can see that previous run of 7.4k miles had different amount of phosphorus and zink, but it was same batch of m1 EP 0w-20 (before triple action label)

Yeah, you can see that previous run of 7.4k miles had different amount of phosphorus and zink, but it was same batch of m1 EP 0w-20 (before triple action label)
To me they look within margin of error of each other. I see no significant difference between current and previous run with phosphorus and zinc.

580->541
659->606

Both sets are lower than you would expect, but also match up with other VOAs of this oil.

There are multiple M1 0W20 VOAs showing low Phosphorus and Zinc. There's also that Engineering Explained YT video where M1 tests their own oil and their results show low results.
580 is close enough to the minimum (600) to ignore. 540 seems a bit low. I recently had OAI re-run my 0W-40 sample. Phosphorous went up.

The 2019 Mobil Product guide shows Phosphorous at 650ppm. But of course the updated 2022 one, shows it at 760.

In my case, Phosphorous increased from 824 to 900 just being re-run. So if this is the older formulation that's supposed to be 650 it'll probably change with a re-run.

580 is close enough to the minimum (600) to ignore. 540 seems a bit low. I recently had OAI re-run my 0W-40 sample. Phosphorous went up.

The 2019 Mobil Product guide shows Phosphorous at 650ppm. But of course the updated 2022 one, shows it at 760.

In my case, Phosphorous increased from 824 to 900 just being re-run. So if this is the older formulation that's supposed to be 650 it'll probably change with a re-run.
What is the one people say will reduce the cat/converters life ? Do any oils have enough to avoid? I am trying to stick with Mobil1 EP ow20 (short oci) now for our diluter.

Last edited:
Phosphorous, which of course is only an issue if it is making its way to the catalytic converter.
A while back someplaces on the internet were of course trying to stir people up about killing converters.
Always some making mountains out of nothings if a person reads too much in the wrong places.
My Oil Change Dilusions are so much better since being under the care of BITOG! ;)

I'll be submitting an UOA from my 2.0t accord within the next few weeks using m1 0w30ESP. My interval, driving habits and location are the same as yours so we can compare results.

I'll be submitting an UOA from my 2.0t accord within the next few weeks using m1 0w30ESP. My interval, driving habits and location are the same as yours so we can compare results.
Can I ask why people like ESP and not just regular M1?

Back