Mobil Synthetic

Anybody here use this oil?
What's the difference between this and Mobile 1 synthetic.
Thanks..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211022-104332.jpg
    Screenshot_20211022-104332.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 21
Mobil 1 has PAO and GTL in the mix and possibly other base oils like alkylated naphthalene that don't show on the SDS, Mobil Full Syn is like Supertech or other store brand synthetics it's a basic store brand group iii synthetic.
1634679176288-jpg.74939

1634915335938.jpg

1634679242534-jpg.74940

Mobil 1 has PAO in the mix and possibly other base oils like alkylated naphthalene that don't show on the SDS, Mobil Full Syn is like Supertech or other store brand synthetics it's a basic store brand synthetic.
1634679176288-jpg.74939

1634679242534-jpg.74940
Oh hell for that I'm better off sticking with Kirkland signature!!! LMAO 🤣🤣

Kirklands up to $15 jug here, I got 2 of the Mobil for $12 each.
I'm with ya...BUT for $2 more for 5 quart jug, I'd feel better with Super Tech. Not staying its better or worse; based off so many UOA's here gives me added comfort. YMMV

PQIA did MAG1 and Mobil full syn not too long ago, the Mag1(same as Supertech, Meijer, Kirkland, etc) has more boron and less moly, while the Mobil has more moly and less boron, they look pretty similar otherwise, not much of a surprise, since Warren gets base oil from Exxon Mobil and they probably use a basic Dexos compliant lubricant template from Mobil.

PQIA did MAG1 and Mobil full syn not too long ago, the Mag1(same as Supertech, Meijer, Kirkland, etc) has more boron and less moly, while the Mobil has more moly and less boron, they look pretty similar otherwise, not much of a surprise, since Warren gets base oil from Exxon Mobil and they probably use a basic Dexos compliant lubricant template from Mobil.
I spoke with Warren distribution earlier today, I believe it was Ron from technical support said, Amazon basics and Kirkland signature was pretty much the same as Super tech 20,000 MI oil I don't know if that's true or false.. if you've looked at a virgin oil analysis you may know.. if you know just let me know..

Antimony, interesting. Not a lot of it but it's there. And 12ppm silicon right out of the bottle...anti-foaming agent? Interesting.

I spoke with Warren distribution earlier today, I believe it was Ron from technical support said, Amazon basics and Kirkland signature was pretty much the same as Super tech 20,000 MI oil I don't know if that's true or false.. if you've looked at a virgin oil analysis you may know.. if you know just let me know..
Yes, Amazon, Kirkland, Supertech, Warren's own MAG1 brand are all the same oil with a different private label to my knowledge.

It all comes out of the same blender.

I purchased the Mobil full synthetic high mileage 5w30 for a 3,000 mile oil change. The AutoZone in my area have a ton of Mobil full synthetic and high mileage full synthetic by the gallons and quarts....If they lower the price to $10 a gallon I'll stock up or go back to my usual Castrol edge high mileage 5w30 and a Mobil -209A extended performance filter or frame ultra xg3600 for two oil change intervals.

Back