Mobil supersyn is the true leader in OTC oils

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now you can purchase 5 quart jugs of supersyn for 3.80 per quart or 18.99 total cost. Individual quarts of supersyn run 4.70. We all know supersyn is the only true synthetic OTC oil sold at our Walmarts. It is kind of frustrating to know that the other brands, Penz. Castrol- Valvoline and the big Q are nothing more than group 3 oils. They lack the low pour points and the longer drain intervals that supersyn has. And on the per quart basis are just as expensive. Why not just boycott the other pretend synthetics by not purchasing them. Maybe they will wake up and realize they need to improve their products to be called real synthetics. The basic group 2 oils have the same specs. and will produce similar wear numbers as the rip-off pretenders. Any other thoughts?

IMO, the only better oil right now then Mobil 1 is probably Redline. OTC or not, Mobil 1 has proven to be a great oil and a great buy. $4-5 for Amsoil XL or Castrol Syntec is a big waste of money. I am pro Mobil 1 not bc I run it but bc it shows good to great results consistantly and I can buy it anywhere.
wink.gif

[ June 30, 2003, 08:46 PM: Message edited by: buster ]

Oh uh! I see a war in the near future.
DON'T SHOOT!!! I surrender peacefully!
Rick
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by like a rock:
Now you can purchase 5 quart jugs of supersyn for 3.80 per quart or 18.99 total cost. Individual quarts of supersyn run 4.70. We all know supersyn is the only true synthetic OTC oil sold at our Walmarts. It is kind of frustrating to know that the other brands, Penz. Castrol- Valvoline and the big Q are nothing more than group 3 oils. They lack the low pour points and the longer drain intervals that supersyn has. And on the per quart basis are just as expensive. Why not just boycott the other pretend synthetics by not purchasing them. Maybe they will wake up and realize they need to improve their products to be called real synthetics. The basic group 2 oils have the same specs. and will produce similar wear numbers as the rip-off pretenders. Any other thoughts?

I went to two Wal-Marts in my area looking for the "big jugs"...of Mobil oil that is...all shelves are empty...sales girl said can't keep it on the shelf around here...I knew I shoulda got when the gettin' was good...lots of Syntec sitting there getting dusty though...I guess so can't keep a secret (who has the real Mc Coy) out for very long with the net being accessed so profusly.

Sam's Club and Cotsco sell the cases at $23.50.....about $3.90 a quart.
Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back