Mobil Super Synthetic dexos1Gen2 but w/ old logo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very similar to the M1 5W30 AP that I bought, Gen 2 license # but only said dexos1 on the labels.
Very confusing!
Only thing I can think of is that the labels were printed before Gen 2 went "live" in September, but the formulation of the oil in the bottle only had a Gen 2 license # to reference. I'd assume that dexos1 Gen 2 is a superset of dexos1 and I'd also guess than the AP never had a dexos1 license # as part of a brand new oil line.
??

Last edited:
A simple sticker proclaiming the oil gen2 would clear any confusion but that would cost money. Laundry soaps do it all the time, “New and Improved”, but the oil industry seems to be timid to make any such claim.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
A simple sticker proclaiming the oil gen2 would clear any confusion but that would cost money. Laundry soaps do it all the time, “New and Improved”, but the oil industry seems to be timid to make any such claim.

The old stock will be gone in a month and 90% of the cars on the road don't require it.

Just like the Pennzoil Gold TDS recently posted, this MSS has excellent pour and flash points.

Yeah I noticed this on my Mobile Super Synthetic 5w30 as well. Latest Dexos approval number and the old logo on the front of the container. I am happy none the less
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back