Mobil Super 5000 vs Chevron Supreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
We haven't had one of these threads in awhile. Which one is better ?
35.gif

It's a tie Merk
smile.gif

Everyone's a winner. I would prefer Chevron Supreme just because I like Chevron Havoline. Just my personal preference. Nothing more to it.

They maybe able to ship it to your local store if it shows available online. Same thing here with stores not having it on their shelves.

Originally Posted By: car51
I like Chevron Supreme cause they have Moly in the oil
smile.gif

And Boron too. The MS5K has none of that...and a sodium oil to boot. Nearly all of the sodium conventional oils have no moly/boron. Make mine Chevron Supreme in this comparison.

Yep … and since I know someone who did 400k on the MS … either is good …

How is Chevron better ?? I am curious. Plus honestly I would hope that it could be. Though I really doubt it.

Originally Posted By: NormanBuntz
Some posters have commented recently that their local Walmart's were carrying Chevron Supreme. My two closest stores in NC carry ZERO Supreme. Must be a regional thing.

If your local WalMart doesn’t carry it, another option is Jet.com. That is WalMarts online app. There is quite a bit of stuff there.

Bought 2017 Jeep Sahara with lifetime oil changes. Right now the dealer is using Chevron Supreme 5W20. OK to go 5K short trip OCI's?
I'm pretty sure it's a syn blend, what % I don't know.
Your Thoughts Please.....

I'd have the MS5K. It has a high starting TBN. I've seen excellent extended drain UOAs with it. I kind of like sodium in oils.

Originally Posted By: lawrencerd
I'd have the MS5K. It has a high starting TBN. I've seen excellent extended drain UOAs with it. I kind of like sodium in oils.

Mobil Super 5000, now with

why is the sky blue?
how does a posi-trac rear-end work?
who [censored]?

Those are my entries for most assy-nine, unansweable question bucket. Please discuss them once the current topic has been resolved.

Boron for the Win !!!

Originally Posted By: 69GTX
Originally Posted By: car51
I like Chevron Supreme cause they have Moly in the oil
smile.gif

And Boron too. The MS5K has none of that...and a sodium oil to boot. Nearly all of the sodium conventional oils have no moly/boron. Make mine Chevron Supreme in this comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back