Mobil Signum Oil Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm cross posting the following from the Marine section. Not being anything approaching a tribologist myself but always interested in analsis I enjoyed it and hope you might to.....

Mobil's marine site has a very good "brochure" called Signum Technical Guide at the bottom of the page about their marine Signum oil analysis service. It's a .pdf file link from this page:

https://www.exxonmobil.com/en/marine/services/signum-oil-analysis-program

The last few pages contain a slew of understandable reference data including elemental analysis about the different variables tested for which goes way beyond anything Blackstone ever does. And that's fine but, like I said, the detail here is interesting to a layman like me and maybe worth the look for others. Hey, who knew a white blood cell was 25 microns? We always talk about filtering below that level. grin

Some of those boats are probably filtering the fuel four or more times by the time it sees an injector. Including centrifugal separators ala Alfa Laval and Racor. It looks like the newer engnes meeting the EPA requirements (common rail, electronic like your car probably) are much more fussy about their fuel.

Originally Posted By: danielLD
Signum is Mobil's white label brand name for Polaris.

Thanks Daniel. Interesting that they tout it so aggressively when it's OEM like that.

Originally Posted By: DeepFriar
Originally Posted By: danielLD
Signum is Mobil's white label brand name for Polaris.

Thanks Daniel. Interesting that they tout it so aggressively when it's OEM like that.

what do you mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back