Mobil product selector - 2020 Honda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folks:

I was playing with Mobil (or "Mobile") oil selector and noticed they do not even have Honda listed in the drop-down for 2020 models.

What are folks running for Honda Pilot? It looks like older years recommend AFE, EP and the SUV/Truck brand for 0W-20. (I have never even seen SUV/Truck in stores).

I was leaning toward EP. (I have run vanilla Mobil 1 5w-20 for a bit now in my other Honda - no reason, just easy to find and reasonable cost).

Thoughts?

Give the new engine time to break-in. Vanilla is fine for the first year, or 7-8K. Then run the Premium EP beyond the 7-8K.
Our new Soul will get Vanilla at 3K - then EP at 7K. Maybe stay forever with Mobil-1 on the Kia Soul, as long as the annual April rebates continue.

Our Hyundai is about to go on a Pennzoil Platinum diet for the next two OCIs. Gotta' use up some SOPUS rebate oil. Then I will buy some Ultra Platinum for the Hyundai. It's rated superior for piston cleaning GDIs. Have to keep the carbon from too much buildup. CRC Intake Cleaner Spray will help also.

Last edited:
I have been using Mobil 1 0w20 afe since my first oil change in 2016. Don't plan on changing to anything else.

Originally Posted by Bud
I have been using Mobil 1 0w20 afe since my first oil change in 2016. Don't plan on changing to anything else.

Shouldn't have said I would never change. Ordered two 6 qt boxes of Havoline syn.

Originally Posted by Bud
Originally Posted by Bud

Shouldn't have said I would never change. Ordered two 6 qt boxes of Havoline syn.

31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back