Mobil prices (and some other oils) at Wal-Mart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got got back from Wal-Mart and the Mobil 1 5 qt jugs are $24.52 and the EP 5 qts are $29.87!
shocked.gif

Single quarts are $6.07/6.87 for normal/EP.

Pennzoil dino is $2.50
shocked.gif
for single qt and $9.97 for 5 qts.

PP is $3.97 QT and 5qt for $19.87.

Castrol was same as Pennzoil for GTX. I noticed Syntec single QTs at $5.07.

The only other thing I noticed was Supertech for $1.38 QT and $6.88 for 5 qts.

Next time I'll bring a $#@ pen and paper.
banghead.gif

Glad my paycheck is going up as quick and everything is...
lol.gif

Take care, Bill
biggthumbcoffe.gif

Mobil is probaly thinking there is going to be a change in the weather.
rolleyes.gif
Tropartic still 1.48 around here.

I was there today, Maxlife in a 5qt was either $12.xx or $13.xx. Quarts at high $2.xx and Maxlife 5qt packs for $7.50.

Edit - Beat me to it, oh well, confirmed.

thats a good deal 1.50qt. i might go pick some up.

re: maxlife

[ August 05, 2006, 11:08 PM: Message edited by: Santo Fontana ]

Shoot, Walmart really isn't a good price to buy oil anymore, at regular prices. Formerly, they were a bargain compared to the prices Kragen charged.

Though I will always buy at Kragen/Pep Boys when onsale, if I ever need oil in a hurry, I'll just buy from Kragen from now on as the prices are so similar, that it isn't worth the 15 mi roundtrip to Walmart. Heck, even the orange cans are within $0.50 now.
lol.gif

AutoZone in the greater Sacramento area had a good deal last month: 5 quarts of M1 with a M1 oil filter for $30. M1 at Wal-Mart here is $5.74.

This morning at our nearest Wal-Mart I payed $5.68 apiece for 4 quarts of Mobil 1 5W-20. Trying to get better than the 30MPG highway best that our '06 Scion tC has achieved with 5W-30 Penn Plat.

Used a lot of M1 over the years. Been very happy with it. Just a gut feeling that M1 is better in a Toyota engine.

I only buy in 5Q containers so I found WalMart to be the best. Mobil 1 is $21.xx and Pennzoil Plat is $19.98. That + ~$4.10 to 4.40 per quart.

HiJack..
I normally don't go to K-Mart, but I was right next to it and needed gum and Tums. As always, I took a trip to the oil section. Superflo 1.39 a quart, Mobil High Mileage (guaranteed for 5000 miles) 2.59, M1 red cap 15-50 4.59, MMO 3.39 a quart, and closeout Pennz Red high temp grease tubs for 1.50. I bought the Superflo... We now return you to your regularly scheduled WM thread.

Hi,

quote:

Walmart may not be the best place to buy oil anymore Bill...

I can not remember the last time I've bought oil there.

Most of my stash came from Checkers when you could buy Chevron for 49 cents a quart, Pennzoil for 49,59 and 69 cents a quart, QS for 49,59 cents a quart, Castrol GTX for 69 cents and Syntec blend for 89, 99 cents a quart!
grin.gif

I don't buy oil at normal prices ...

quote:

Did you check to see if they have my MaxLife 10W-40 in the 5Qt jug?

Nope, don't have any engines that require high mileage oils and so since I don't need to run it, I don't look.

The Valvoline was around $11 for the 5qt jug of AC.

quote:

Mobil is probaly thinking there is going to be a change in the weather.

Well, They need to make sure they show some proft...
rolleyes.gif

quote:

havoline 5qt jugs at walmart for 8.xx are the best deal for name brand dino

Havoline is real close to the same price as Pennzoil now.. I think $9.48 for 5 qt jug?

quote:

The only deal left at Walmart are Motorcraft filters for $3.28.

That is a good price. But I think the Supertech filters for $2.07 is a excellent deal!
cheers.gif

quote:

Though I will always buy at Kragen/Pep Boys when onsale,

Mike, I will NOT NOT buy anything at Pepboys after my last rebate problems and their LACK of customer service!
banghead.gif

(it also helps that they are 30 miles one way from me!)
thumbsdown.gif

quote:

Used a lot of M1 over the years. Been very happy with it. Just a gut feeling that M1 is better in a Toyota engine

Instead of the gut feeling, run a few UOAs!

In my Toyota,the UOA on M1 was not as good as Castrol GTX, Mobil drive clean and especially Pennzoil dino (the best one so far
worshippy.gif
)!

And for gas miles per gallon, all oils do well(same) (the worst was Mobil drive clean BTW)

quote:

I only buy in 5Q containers so I found WalMart to be the best. Mobil 1 is $21.xx and Pennzoil Plat is $19.98. That + ~$4.10 to 4.40 per quart.

Go buy some and stock up . I bet before the end of the month you'll see the same prices I saw yesterday! You'll save $1 per quart.

quote:

I normally don't go to K-Mart, but I was right next to it and needed gum and Tums. As always, I took a trip to the oil section. Superflo 1.39 a quart,

Good oil and excellent "normal" price. If I had to go out and buy oil right now, that is the winner!
cheers.gif

Take care all! Bill
biggthumbcoffe.gif

Heard about your rebate hassles. I experienced the same, gave them a call, and vola, my rebate check arrived. No problems...

quote:

Originally posted by The Critic:
Heard about your rebate hassles. I experienced the same, gave them a call, and vola, my rebate check arrived. No problems...

I gave them 3 calls and one letter .
banghead.gif

In the end, I got a single rebate for 2 filters. (and it was the ones that was the lowest! ie, the $2 off each one instead of the free ones..)

So, for 4 other filters I paid $3.99 when I should have seen 2 of them free and the 2 others with $2 off each one. So a total of $11.98 rebate amount they did not have to pay.

Their answer was it says that one rebate per person per item. They stood firm with that mindset so fine. I'll use my over priced $4 filters and never step into a Pep boys again.
spaz.gif

But, as you said, Pepboys has been discussed in other threads.

Take care, Bill
biggthumbcoffe.gif

PS: And you know how much oil I've bought and most of it had rebates, Checkers paid on everyone single one in 5-6 weeks from when I sent them in! Never had to call them...
cheers.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back