Mobil Pegasus I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al

I buried this in another post somewhere and was looking for comments-but I forgot where I put it-
rolleyes.gif
Anyway check out these specs. I wish I lived in Australia
smile.gif

Pegasus 1

[ September 13, 2003, 08:05 PM: Message edited by: Al ]

I wish I lived in Australia too, all that warm weather, all those cool oils they get, and my son would love it too, since the Wiggles are from Australia (he's watching a new Wiggles video right now while he winds down before bed)

And don't tell my wife, but another good reason to live there is all the cute Australian blond girls with that amazing accent! Hubba hubba.
tongue.gif

Good find Al.
cheers.gif
This is a borderline 30/40wt oil. Now, Mobil need to make a 10w-40 and all of there 30wts A3 rated and I will be completely satisfied. Patman might be too....nah, thats impossible.
lol.gif
cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Al:
Look at the pour point-65C Thats -85 F
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
Esters???

...uh-oh, here we go again....I think I saw some at Autozone...it has a blue label and it says...
grin.gif

[ September 13, 2003, 11:35 PM: Message edited by: pscholte ]

I'm not to sure how an oil designed for use in natural and landfill gas industrial engines would go on the road in smaller high revving applications.

Dunno if I'll try it.

BTW, I'd warmly welcome any of the BITOG members down under.

Pegasus 1 syn gas oil is a U.S made product. And we get cold weather here too you know. I'm at work (no Internet at home) and I can see it dumping snow on the Brindabella's from my window. Gonna be some awesome skiing this week when it clears. Not Whistler or Sun Valley but pretty decent still.

sprintman,
snow on the Brindabella's I've not seen for a long time.

It's started pelting down here in Lithgow, doubt it will snow, but it could - cool enough.

The parents of a guy I used to knock around with own(ed) Brindabella Station. Beautiful area.

BTW, did you see that 15W-50 is now available in M1 ? ( I recall you wishing for it a few weeks ago)

Not sure where the 15W-50 is located, but it's listed on the Mobil Oz website, under the link to Mobil 1.

I doubt that any of our dealers will be able to find it.

Now where in the ACT can I get Delvac 1 over the counter ? (I pick up my turbodiesel in a week and a half time, and 6 month oil changes are a bit beyond the delivery schedule of my local Mobil depot)

quote:

Originally posted by Shannow:
I'm not to sure how an oil designed for use in natural and landfill gas industrial engines would go on the road in smaller high revving applications.
Dunno if I'll try it.
BTW, I'd warmly welcome any of the BITOG members down under.

My bad - I thought "gas" meant-"gasoline"
blush.gif
Oh well.
dunno.gif

Sun Peaks? Never heard of that one. I can see it snowing from where I'm sitting. Went up Mt. Ainslie at lunchtime to get a few photo's with my Canon S45. Some lucky b's will get some great skiing in over the next few days, won't be me unfortunately.

Gas engines run exceptionally clean and maybe don't need the TBN a gasoline or diesel oil needs? Nearly every taxi in Oz runs gas and they go forever, and an increasing number of private vehicles do too. Ford sells factory LPG Falcons here and own the taxi business although a operators run Holdens (GM) with aftermarket conversion. Pegasus 1 would be my first choice if I had a gas engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back