Mobil ONE price Increase?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has Mobil One moved up in price in stores other than Walmart? Costco still has a 6 pack case at $23 but I wonder if this price will hold.

I paid $4.44 a quart for Mobil 1 at Target on Tuesday. Which was cheaper per quart than Walmart was selling it for in 5 quart containers.

5 qt jugs here in columbus, went up to 22.88.
frown.gif

Sam's Club in my area finally started carrying M1 and it's $23 per 6 pack. With 4 vehicles driven in my household, I pickup a 6 pack each month.
biggthumbcoffe.gif

Its up to 22.42 a 5qt jug in both walmarts in athens, ga. this price increase has me seriously thinking of changing. Not cost efficient anymore at that price. I would rather buy amsoil, schaeffers, or redline than go to walmart, the home of the price increase on one of the few items I buy there.

Dan

$3.47 at Wal-Mart here. Best price I have seen anywhere. Also a Target that has it for the same price.

Every time Mobil 1 increases it's price they lose one of the only benefits they have over oils like Amsoil and Redline.

For all you die hard Mobil 1 users, I have to ask this question. If all three of these oils were priced the same, and were sold in the same store, would you still use Mobil 1? I think the main reason so many people use it over other top quality synthetics is because of it's price and it's availability.

[ September 22, 2003, 11:09 AM: Message edited by: Patman ]

Each time a price increase results in Amsoil or Mobil it just makes me want to order more
Schaeffer's products.

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:

For all you die hard Mobil 1 users, I have to ask this question. If all three of these oils were priced the same, and were sold in the same store, would you still use Mobil 1?

Yes.

quote:

Originally posted by MolaKule:
Each time a price increase results in Amsoil or Mobil it just makes me want to order more
Schaeffer's products.

That's an excellent point, as Schaeffer oil offers a very good "bang for the buck" ratio for sure!

quote:

For all you die hard Mobil 1 users, I have to ask this question. If all three of these oils were priced the same, and were sold in the same store, would you still use Mobil 1?

If Redline, Amsoil and Schaeffer's were on the shelf next to Mobil 1 I'd use the following in this order: Redline, Schaeffer's, Mobil 1 and Amsoil. That is if UOA supported good results. I'm assuming Redline is the best built oil out there. Schaeffer's would give me great results for the money and I really think Mobil 1 is better then Amsoil right now.
smile.gif

The way I look at it now, is that if you change the oil frequently, like I do, M1 is more then sufficient. For racing I'd go with Redline. I honestly dont think it really makes that much of a difference what oil you pick. If I can get 200k out of an engine, I'm satisfied. I think its more important to keep fresh oil in the engine, whether thats 3-5 or 10k mile drains depending on the oil, and making sure you keep the inside clean with Rx. Doing that, I think any oil is sufficient. From 0 to 6k mile drains, I don't think there is any data that shows one brand is superior to another. Beyond that, your Amsoil's, Mobil's and Schaeffer's take the lead. IMO>
smile.gif

[ September 22, 2003, 08:38 PM: Message edited by: buster ]

It seems to me that Mobil 10W-30 1 has one advantage in cold climates. It is thinner than the other oils. I have been trying to rationalize going to Amsoil or Redline, but here in Northern Illinois it seems there may be some advantage to Mobil 1. I would like someone to demolish my rationale, because I want to try the other oils.
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back