Mobil / Mobil1 - most user friendly brand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wemay

Site Donor 2023
It may not be your favorite brand but when you really think of it:

Has the most diverse number of products
All said products are easy to find
Price structure is competitive
The TDS and MSDS are easily available, understandable
Has the best website with oil selector included
Always professional on the phone and return emails in a timely manner

Originally Posted By: wemay

I agree. Most professional marketing too. No gimmicks. Always at the top in performance.

When you're the King, everyone wants to knock you off the throne

That is how I see Mobil 1. Competitors are always saying their oil does this or that better than Mobil 1. But yet Mobil 1 continues to be the market leader. It may not be the best, but it has a long and consistent history of providing solid performance and protection without needing to advertise gimmicky features.

I don't always use it, but I don't ever worry about my oil when I do use it.

I am definitely not a Mobil 1 fanboy but I absolutely agree with you. Price, availability and reliable predictable performance make it hard to beat. I am seriously considering using their 5w30 EP version in our KIA after it's out of warranty as well. Right now warranty is restricting the OCI's to such short intervals it doesn't make any sense.

I really Liked EXxon Superflow. back in GF3 and 4 flavours.

I liked M1 triple protect - but that was the end of the ILSAC stuff being a technical synthetic. Now its just a "premium' oil - but it price reflects that - 5 bucks a qt in jugs.

Been using M1 since I was 16.. Am now 50 and still using their products in all our autos...

With Never an oil related engine failure or issue!

Local WM stocks most of their most popular Grades and Formulas!

I know I don't have to pour in an expensive Boutique Oil that I order online to achieve better results or the same results...

I have never let Price Point persuade my choices!

I have NEVER had Issues so there is No Argument! With 3 of the autos I owned and sold still on the road to day with each over 200K miles... I know the owners personally and see them on a regular basis... I know I made the right choice with oil! All 3 owners still use M1... I do know one of the Autos has very close to 300K miles on the 350 cu in and is used every day on the farm...

Hello, Back then (1976) Popular Science magazine printed a letter to the editor asking why Mobil Labs was the one cited most in an article on synthetic oils.
"Because they're the ones who've done the most research and had the most to say." Was the editor's response. Kira

Originally Posted By: -SyN-
Been using M1 since I was 16.. Am now 50 and still using their products in all our autos...

With Never an oil related engine failure or issue!

Local WM stocks most of their most popular Grades and Formulas!

I know I don't have to pour in an expensive Boutique Oil that I order online to achieve better results or the same results...

I have never let Price Point persuade my choices!

I have NEVER had Issues so there is No Argument! With 3 of the autos I owned and sold still on the road to day with each over 200K miles... I know the owners personally and see them on a regular basis... I know I made the right choice with oil! All 3 owners still use M1... I do know one of the Autos has very close to 300K miles on the 350 cu in and is used every day on the farm...

I to started using M1 5-20 in 1978 and have never had a reason to change. Always 10K OCIs with clean engines that never showed signs of wear even at 354K on a Ford truck. Todays M1 is in my view the best M1 I have used. They continue to improve their SYNTHETIC olis. M1 may not be the best, but I can't think of an oil that's better.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
I really Liked EXxon Superflow. back in GF3 and 4 flavours.

I liked M1 triple protect - but that was the end of the ILSAC stuff being a technical synthetic. Now its just a "premium' oil - but it price reflects that - 5 bucks a qt in jugs.

I remember Exxon superflo. It was a great product too.

how come your vehicles are not using these great Mobil oils?

I use M1, but they have yet to reply to a question that I sent them through their web form months ago.

Originally Posted By: jacky
for some reason i liked it better when it was called exxon oil

M1 is/was a Mobil product introduced in 1974 prior to Exxon acquiring/merging with Mobil in 1999 so it was never called Exxon oil (unless I misunderstood your thought).

Originally Posted By: 2010_FX4
Originally Posted By: jacky
for some reason i liked it better when it was called exxon oil

M1 is/was a Mobil product introduced in 1974 prior to Exxon acquiring/merging with Mobil in 1999 so it was never called Exxon oil (unless I misunderstood your thought).

Exxon in the mid to later 90's made a synthetic engine oil, I used it in my 1996 Contour. It was not related to Mobil 1.

Whimsey

Originally Posted By: Tabor

I use M1, but they have yet to reply to a question that I sent them through their web form months ago.

Bummer but typical for large blenders from what I've experienced. On the other hand Valvoline has replied to me two or three times within hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back