Mobil M1-110 or Fram Ultra XG7317 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by asker123
Hello from Canada....Rip off place for automotive parts prices
I need to decide between M1-110 and XG7317 tomorrow.
I have used M1 -110 for last 8 years with only once getting a defective filter where filter leaked oil after 2 months..leak was not from the joint as mechanic said it was tight .. just the filter was defective.. otherwise happy customer . last year runnng the filter for full year but before that changed every 6 months .. going forward it is yearly oci 10000kms
M1-110 is $18
XG7317 is $15 but getting it for $13 on deal tomorrow...
what you guys say .. stick to M1 for yearly oci or ditch it for XG7317
oil is M1 Extended Performance 0w20

Your gaining nothing from the M1 except for a slightly thicker can (which 99.9% of the time is not an issue).
Fram has better flow, filtration and lower cost.

Sounds like an easy choice to me.

If your getting it for your Honda, look at the XG3593a, that should be the correct filter for Honda (it is bigger than the 7317).
A XG9688 is also almost exactly the same size as the 3593a, but tends to be more expensive (is the Hyundai filter).

edt: oops, just realized this is a thread started in 2016.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by blupupher
I have used M1 -110 for last 8 years with only once getting a defective filter where filter leaked oil after 2 months..leak was not from the joint as mechanic said it was tight .. just the filter was defective.. otherwise happy customer . last year runnng the filter for full year but before that changed every 6 months .. going forward it is yearly oci 10000kms
M1-110 is $18

Your gaining nothing from the M1 except for a slightly thicker can (which 99.9% of the time is not an issue).
Fram has better flow, filtration and lower cost.

Sounds like an easy choice to me.

If your getting it for your Honda, look at the XG3593a, that should be the correct filter for Honda (it is bigger than the 7317).
A XG9688 is also almost exactly the same size as the 3593a, but tends to be more expensive (is the Hyundai filter).

edt: oops, just realized this is a thread started in 2016.

Thanks but I prefer recommended filters or parts so XG7317 only if I go Fram way...

M1-110 is $18

Buy the one without louvers and I believe that's the Fram.

Does anyone know whether M1-110 is thread end bypass design or a dome end bypass design similar to Fram Ultra. Mobile 1 used to be thread end design but not sure if that is still valid since it is now manufactured by Fram.

Does anyone know whether M1-110 is thread end bypass design or a dome end bypass design similar to Fram Ultra. Mobile 1 used to be thread end design but not sure if that is still valid since it is now manufactured by Fram.

I don't think Fram makes Mobil 1 oil filters.

Use what ever is cheaper. It's an oil filer. You wouldn't notice a difference with either one.

Last M1-110a I cut open was a dome end bypass.

Originally Posted by blupupher

Last M1-110a I cut open was a dome end bypass.

When did you cut it? If it is recent design then I guess Fram Ultra is a no brainer because thread end bypass was looking like only advantage M1 had over Fram Ultra

When did you cut it? If it is recent design then I guess Fram Ultra is a no brainer because thread end bypass was looking like only advantage M1 had over Fram Ultra

10/2018 is when I cut it open, was probably 2-3 years old before it was used (so probably 2015-2016 when the filter was made).

Here is the thread, pics are reposted a few posts down from original post, and their is a youtube vid also.

If a topic interests you please start a new topic. Asking a question on dragged up 3 year old topic wastes everyone's time.
If you can make a post you can start a topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back