Mobil Full Synthetic to be Dexos 1 Approved

Originally Posted by Patman
Who would even use this oil in the first place and why? You can get Mobil 1 for a cheaper price at Walmart, and it's better. Seems to me like this oil has no market whatsoever.
21.gif

How do you know for certain Mobil 1 is better?

Mobil 1 is Mobil oils top oil in their own pecking order...I would give you that this particular named oil is not listed on their website but it is believed to be equal or the same as Mobil Super Synthetic that is rated lower by Mobil than their own Mobil 1...lastly I might ask you if you know for sure if it is better than Mobil 1???...

as with many things...it's your choice...

Bill

Not asking which is better. But in layman's terms....what's the difference between Mobil synthetic and M1?

I think mobil super( full synthetic) is group 3 only or can be used for 7500 miles and Mobil 1 is grp 3,4 little group 5 and rated for up 10000 vanilla and ep for 15000 and ap 20k miles

It's on the website now. Appears to be positioned below Super Synthetic. It also list the Dexos Approval.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by buddylpal
I never claimed Mobil Synthetic is better than M1. All I asked was how do we know M1 is better?

If the toughest spec met by both products is dexos1 GEN2, the consensus is it doesn't make a difference which one you buy.

That's like saying Amsoil SS is no good based on lack of OEM approvals

I have lots of M1 AP that's dexos … so what ?

Originally Posted by ryster
As a GM vehicle owner, I am used to choosing an oil with the dexos approval. It isn't very difficult and can be readily found at any auto parts store, Walmart, Target, or wherever. In a pinch or emergency, I would use whatever full synthetic is available and be perfectly happy. However, when changing my oil I use an OEM filter with a dexos licensed oil.

Yep … and notice the complaints about Dexos but crickets over Dexron …

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
buddy
Mobil-1 EP is Super Premium
Mobil-1 is Premium
Mobil Synthetic is Regular

I guess that makes Super Synthetic "Plus".

Originally Posted by 4WD
Originally Posted by ryster
As a GM vehicle owner, I am used to choosing an oil with the dexos approval. It isn't very difficult and can be readily found at any auto parts store, Walmart, Target, or wherever. In a pinch or emergency, I would use whatever full synthetic is available and be perfectly happy. However, when changing my oil I use an OEM filter with a dexos licensed oil.

Yep … and notice the complaints about Dexos but crickets over Dexron …

Very, very good point 4wd...

Back