Mobil EP 0w20 - 10,082 miles - CX5 w/ 2.5l

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Boss302fan
I noticed the Mazda dealer OCI sticker in the upper left windshield on my son's 2016 CX-5 and it had 5W40 Castrol... What the heck! He is in Wisconsin so I am thinking he needs to take it back and have them put in 0W20. Is that OK in these engines? Sorry but I had to mention this here. Thanks.

Spec is 0w20 in U.S. and Canada (I think). 5w30 everywhere else.

I know dealers can screw up on the stickers they slap on the windshield and hoping it was a miss type and they used 0W20... My son will be calling them. I'm also thinking about just draining the oil out and replacing with 0W20 to make sure...

Originally Posted By: Boss302fan
I know dealers can screw up on the stickers they slap on the windshield and hoping it was a miss type and they used 0W20... My son will be calling them. I'm also thinking about just draining the oil out and replacing with 0W20 to make sure...

Probably the best idea in the end is to drain and refill. It would be ideal if the dealership would do it on their dime but that may be wishful thinking. If they want your repeat business they should do it.

Talked to the dealer and they found the work order and sent it to my son... It does state 0W20 syn and they apologized for the mistake on the sticker.

People use 5w-30 dino and synthetic in Minnesota ALL THE TIME. While 0W would be great, as long as it is synthetic 5w-30 you will be fine. My daughters Civic has 5w-30 M1 high mileage and it was -15 this morning as she left.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back