Mobil Drive Clean Plus HM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just noticed that new oil at Walt-Mart today; the bottles are white. I don't know anything about this new oil, but they are most likely saying that the oil has better detergency than the other formulations......although I doubt better than M1.

quote:

Originally posted by Marius:

Does that mean that it can clean sludge/deposits better than Mobil 1?

No but I really like that HM oil .

It and the Citgo Ultra Life are the only two HM's I have seen marketed for use early on in a engines life as well as over 75k .

The cleaner in the Citgo HM oil is Boron and around 200 ppm of it at that
cool.gif

These oils might be very good alternatives to API SM if these makers continue to drop the zinc and don't replace it with other goodies

quote:

Originally posted by Motorbike:

quote:

Originally posted by Marius:

Does that mean that it can clean sludge/deposits better than Mobil 1?

No but I really like that HM oil .

It and the Citgo Ultra Life are the only two HM's I have seen marketed for use early on in a engines life as well as over 75k .

The cleaner in the Citgo HM oil is Boron and around 200 ppm of it at that
cool.gif

These oils might be very good alternatives to API SM if these makers continue to drop the zinc and don't replace it with other goodies

Vavloine mxLife was the first HM oil that I know of, and it is truly reformulated, not just re-packaged like some of the HM oils jumping ont he marketing niche Valvoline saw.

MaxLife is marketed as useable in both HM and new cars.

Reads like a self press release......hey that's what it is....
grin.gif

I can't say how well this oil performs or cleans. My experience is that no motor oil alone cleans all that well...or cleans like AutoRx, or even a good oil with LC.

Accoding to mobil.com, Mobil Drive Clean Plus Hign Mileage (10W30) helps "Clean deposits, build-up and sludge". Has anybody had any success with this oil cleaning the deposits inside the engine? As far as I know, it is the only oil that makes this type of claim. Does that mean that it can clean sludge/deposits better than Mobil 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back