Mobil Drive Clean Blend question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do any of you know what percentage of PAO or other Esters is in the 10/30 Drive Clean Blend?
I tried the MSDS search and came up dry. The Product number is 48079-8

On the bottle is a number- M-2783-YP

Does anyone know how to operate Mobils MSDS search features?
Frustrated I am,and calling them to ask would only make for a more frustating experience!

[ September 15, 2002, 08:37 AM: Message edited by: dragboat ]

joee12
Thanks for the link but the page is blank,,Exxon Mobil at the upper left but a blank page.Have you tried it?
Also discovered a slight problem,the product number for the blend and the plain dino is the same,somethings wrong there?

Would you mind emailing it to me at [email protected]?

Thanks

[ September 15, 2002, 10:51 AM: Message edited by: dragboat ]

Dragboat, I just emailed you both the Mobil Drive Clean and Blend MSDS sheets. If you have trouble opening the documents, here is how I found them:

-GO to www.mobil.com

-on the top of the page, place you cursor on "lubricant products"

-click on the last one, "product data sheets"

-at the left of the page, click on "MSDS sheets"

-click on "search for a particlar sheet"

-make sure that the top serach field is on " US msds sheets"

-in the "key words" field type, "drive clean"

-click submit

-click on either number 5 or 8

-Good Luck, Joe

Latest issue of Lubes-n-Greases has an article by Lisa Tocci "For my Next Trick...Do PAOs Need a Bit of Lube Market Magic?".

In the article, she notes that some synthetic engine oil marketers are varying their bast stock selecion, according to a Nation Oil & Lube News survey. Some are blending Group III and PAO, or are using Group III only, so simply declining to identify their synthetic base stock

((sound familiar to anyone here???))

Chris was having a problem posting and asked for me to do it for him....

****,on the "sound familier to anyone here" could you elaborate? I'm a bit slow sometimes
smile.gif

joee12,thanks,I was giving the search too much info it seems. I need help with this! Not enough info to determine how much syn is in the blend and what the chemical is?
code:

Mobile 10/30 Drive Clean:

Severe Treat mineral oils and additives

Alkylated Phenol - aproximate wt 1-5 percent

Phosphorodithioic Acid,-aproximate wt 1-5 percent

O,O-DI-C1-14-Alkyl Esters,

Zinc salt (2:1) ZDDP

(68649-42-3)

Diphenylamine (122-39-4)

Mobile Drive Clean Blend 10/30

Petroleum./Synthetic. Hydrocarbons and additives

Alkylated Phenol - aproximate wt 1-5 percent

Phosphorodithioic Acid,-aproximate wt 1-5 percent

O,O-DI-C1-14-Alkyl Esters,

Zinc salt (2:1) ZDDP

(68649-42-3)

Calcium Sulphonate 1-5 percent

Diphenylamine (122-39-4) pre>

Now the virgin analysis Terry did for me of the plain Drive Clean 10/30 showed Calcium as well

Question is,what component is the Esters used for the blend? Other MSDS sheets show percentages in a blend,"well Shaeffers does"

So can someone tell me what those chemicals are?

end of messg from chris

When trying to post and you get sorry,this HTML Tag is Not Permitted,no HTML link in the post, it is saying that you have some ( ) being used and thinks it is a part of a program language. just insert this portion using the code button and it will ignore any html codes. bob

[ September 15, 2002, 08:34 PM: Message edited by: BOBISTHEOILGUY ]

>>>****,on the "sound familier to anyone here" could you elaborate? I'm a bit slow sometimes

Thought I'd seen some comments where folks have contacted various oil companies and gotten either no reply, a non-responsive reply, or conflicting info as to base stocks.

Well I got to the bottom of it,it was no easy task,I know the chemicals now and also the base oil of the Blend,it is a mix of Group I and group II,10-15 percent PAO"the SS type" and NO moly was ever in any of the Drive Cleans,per a Engineer at Mobil and then per the Engineers boss!Never did try to reconfirm if the plain Drive Clean was a group II like I was told last week so your guess is as good as mine there

Thanks for making the effort Dragboat. I am information junkie as well.
biggthumbcoffe.gif

I like knowing that Schaeffer Blend is in all ways superior.

Maybe if all of us call for that type of info they'll get tired of answering the question and post it on the website.

twak.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back