Mobil Delvac™ 1300 Super 15W-40

I’ve used different 15W40 oils over the years in various bikes, and never had an issue with clutch slippage. Even Conklin Convoy, which contains a lot of moly, worked fine.

and by that you mean ... like as if you searched "delvac sunruh" and found 3 full pages of results over the last 16 years?
including my test of delvac 1300 15w40 in my race bike

;)
I might give that to you as well 😎 but was more thinking of the HDEO's in general. They're all so similar that if you pick one, you could pick any of them. I've run analysis on four different HDEO's early on in the ZRX and they all worked fine.

I've done six, one oci of each.

Delo 400 LE 15w40
Motorcraft Diesel Motor Oil 15w40
Rotella T4 15w40
Rotella T5 15w40
Rotella R6 5w40
Mystic JT8 15w50

And one with M1 15w50, although it doesn't count as an HDEO however.

I use a Delvac 1300 CK, Delvac1 CJ, and SuperTech CJ... if it's too cold for 15/40 I don't want to ride anyway...and another thing that bugs me is the oil filters, they come out like new..no more, running those 5k til further review.

Why do my Honda ATV's rec such a short OCI..like 600mi when street bikes go 5k?

totally different requirements of what is placed on the oil
my race bike ruins oil in under 50miles ... in 94 uoa tests i have about 2 hands worth that stay in grade for a gncc/harescramble/enduro
yes, most street bikes make more hp and more torque..but once moving that load it typically not that much
now, if you take that same streetbike and start doing 1/8 or 1/4mi and hammer it...you wont get 20mi out of the oil
and its not really the motor that does it..its the tranny gears that do it

totally different requirements of what is placed on the oil
my race bike ruins oil in under 50miles ... in 94 uoa tests i have about 2 hands worth that stay in grade for a gncc/harescramble/enduro
yes, most street bikes make more hp and more torque..but once moving that load it typically not that much
now, if you take that same streetbike and start doing 1/8 or 1/4mi and hammer it...you wont get 20mi out of the oil
and its not really the motor that does it..its the tranny gears that do it
Alright I'll believe that but I'm drawing it it out and just replacing the oil (sick of all the skid removal bs) and the filters can wait 3-4k, honestly pristine after 600 miles. thx

yes the filters can go that far provided you dont have a rash of metal

now, does falling 1 grade out truly hurt the motor/tranny?
motor would be a big no
tranny is only time will tell

i know for a fact that some tranny do *** not *** like thinner oil

once again, does it matter? it all depends on how well you sleep at night ;)

now does losing 2 grades make too much of a difference? (and yes ive even seen that in my tests)
lets just say i will never use nor recommend that stuff to anyone

atv's are generally built to be a little more robust in the lack of maintenance ... it just goes with the product

i'll make it simple...if you trust hdeo 15w40 to bring the food you eat to the grocery store why not trust it in your atv?
and yes all of the hdeo's are cat wet clutch certified so dont worry
at $14 a gallon at wallyworld why turn down Shell Rotella T 15w40 white jug T4 ?
and yes SuperTech 15w40 is pretty darn good as well
if you like another brand use it

It does have friction modifiers in it. https://pqia.org/mobil-delvac-1300-super-sae-15w-40-heavy-duty-diesel-engine-oil/
It's unlikely that your clutch will slip under full clamping force, but it will narrow up the effective friction zone for your clutch lever.

It has just under 800ppm Phosphorous in it, which is the minimum amount for JASO T903:2011 http://www.mototribology.com/articles/jaso-explained-part-1/

The geartrain getting enough AW is what concerns me. I don't have any way to prove that Delvac 1300 has appropriate AW capabilities for a bike geartrain. Right now all I know is that it is entirely dependent on the 800ppm minimum of the JASO T903:2011 spec.

I use the Delvac 1300 15w40 in a bunch of stuff. My ATV, the SxS, the V-Strom and the riding mower. Seems to work well in everything. Good thing because I have probably 24 gallons in the basement....

Back