Mobil Delvac Super 1300 6 Months OCI on gasoline engine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, i am going to try 15w40 on my gasoline engine, it uses 10w40 but we are in very hot weather so 15w40 its perfect, i drive around 5K miles on a 6 months period, so the question is if delvac super 1300 can do it just fine for 6 months? or it will last just 3 months.

Last edited:
I know its good enough for 5K or 10K, but the question is time, because its dino, can it reach 6 months without degradation?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by zorobabel
4 months in use: https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4845331/1

The guy went 6374 miles for his OCI here, and he said it was stop and go traffic, 27 miles each way a day.
If he averages at 25 mph (city driving average, high end), thats 255 hours operating time.
He went until it was a TBN of 2.3, which many would describe as "Done."
The oil doesn't change due to how long its in the engine, just how long and harshly it is used.

So, what speeds are you averaging? If you drove 45 mph, thats 11475 miles.
Food for thought.

Last edited:
Well i will do city driving too mostly, around 20 miles each day, so about 3600 - 4000 miles in a 6 month period, but i am worried that delvac degrades time based and make me do a shorter oci, i am pretty good with mobil 1 buy cost its too high

Oil is not affected by time.

Chris had the same oil in his truck for 3 years and it was still good. Running oil for 6 months is no problem.

Originally Posted by CDX825
Oil is not affected by time. .

AGREED.
Anyone who tells you oil has a time expiration rate is full of hooey.

My 1942 Farmall H has the same 15W-40 I put in it over 15 years ago. Same with my tree branch chipper.

Originally Posted by AlexanderH
I was thinking, because its a dino oil, it would only last 3 months before it start to degrade

Not even close with an E7, E9. The only concerns you'd ever have would be if there were a lot of fuel dilution and perhaps using a high sulfur gasoline. With your usage pattern, it would last far longer than even a six month interval. A UOA is best to be sure, but you're not doing anything particularly stressful on what is a very robust oil.

Originally Posted by AlexanderH
Hi guys, i am going to try 15w40 on my gasoline engine, it uses 10w40 but we are in very hot weather so 15w40 its perfect, i drive around 5K miles on a 6 months period, so the question is if delvac super 1300 can do it just fine for 6 months? or it will last just 3 months.

This Delvac HDEO is a stout oil and should have no problems with six months in your application or even double that.
Don't worry about the labeled group of the oil.
This stuff was blended for long drains on large diesel engines.
Shortish drains with your gasser will be no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back